We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I had long a suspected that JSA had blown it when I had them authenticate my signed Journey album.

It FAILED JSA Authentication at an in-store at a baseball card shop here in Vegas. The authenticator look like a high school kid who may be graduated 6 months ago.

Always wanted a second opinion but didn't want to pay for full authentication again.

Yesterday just on a whim I sent a bunch of pictures of it to Rodger Epperson to see what he thinks. Apparently from his cursory review he disagrees with jsa's opinion. Epperson likes the LP.

Who is more believable JSA or Rodger Epperson? What do you guys think?

Views: 7756

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Listen in my long experience I found that a lot of these PSA DNA or jsa's or Beckett, etc will disagree among themselves. So you have to really find someone you can trust and stick with that person that's the only suggestion I can offer. I've seen all of them make mistakes. PSA probably is the biggest. I think you can note that by just looking online. Having said that I still would rather have something authenticated with a JSA or PSA than not. just it's very nice to have this forum to be able to double-check things. 

"... So you have to really find someone you can trust and stick with that person that's the only suggestion I can offer...."

I suggest serious self education of the signature and all that goes with it, a LOT of observation, watching what sells where and why all over time, w/o buying anything for a good long while.

Kammie, I did not realize you are a professional dealer and IP collector - my comments were meant for others. :)

Ok

Although that's still is not foolproof. Take Mark Hamill for instance. He has forged almost all the time and very very well... You just have to be involved and study after study like you said constantly. Fraud is committed by the most incredibly intelligent people.

Here's one that was authenticated by JSA:

Are we sure this is from this team Derek?

I can tell you that it's from Krukcards, a seller that I believe had other signed LPs from Team Derek with JSA certs. When I saw the signatures together with the JSA cert, I correctly guessed the seller.

Is this one up there for sale right now?

No, it has already been sold.

I don't have a problem with JSA or even PSA but you need to always be alert for yourself as well. the interesting thing is that as long as there is a marker on the lower right-hand corner with any of those two above, people are going to flock to it because they need certification. It's a psychological thing.

This one is from a seller called all-time great Authentics.

Could this be the infamous team Derek?

I don't know. These guys didn't put Steve Perry on any of their items if they are forgeries 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service