We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 5899

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Good eye Mike. Music 'graphs are and never will be my cup of tea, but I can second on the Griffith.  It's either that was during his LATE days or it's flat out no good.  I would give it the benefit of the doubt due to RR's reputation, but put it this way- if it was up for sale by anyone else, I probably wouldn't bite; in my opinion of course.  

I went on to the RR site and was going to register as a bidder.  I do not mind giving all my personal information and credit card numbers etc. and would gladly give them my Ebay id.  What turned me off was the statement "RR Auction requests you provide trade references to expedite your registration."  If you did not have a trade reference an RR employee will contact you.   Now if they emailed me ok but I do not want anyone calling me at home.   Now I can understand if you do not have track record they have to be careful.  As it was there were several items I would have bid on and likely not gotten all but it would have raised the price significantly for them.  Nothing they had was of such significance that I cannot live without them.   Now the items I looked at were genuine and had no problems with those.  The ones Mike showed concerning Andy Griffith Show I agree that the McNear is not as dramatic as one would expect.  It would be helpful to know when it was done and if it was before or after his stroke.  I really doubt he did much afterwards.

Trade references?  Weird.  I guess they don't want anonymous people throwing out joke bids on high end items or something.  The last time I bought anything from them was 2003, after which a bad bout of customer service turned me off somewhat.  Not to the point where I haven't bid again here and there, but to the point of not being especially enthusiastic about their auctions.

Well they required name, address, email and phone number before the references so all of those would have been easy to check I think.   I can see wanting an Ebay id to check that is no problem.  They then wanted a cc number and even that would not be a problem.  It just kind of turned me off on wanting to continue with the registration process.  I could even see if they wanted me to call them, but I am not one that likes getting calls from strangers.  Like I said nothing they had I cannot live without lol.   I just think they are likely losing some money because I would have no doubt bid up pretty good one item they had at least doubling their min. bid.  They certainly would have had my ip address etc should there ever be a problem with bidding.

I understand how you felt about the references, Scott.  A couple of months ago when I wanted to register with RR I ran into the same problem.  Also didn't want to deal with anyone on the phone.  I sent them and email asking why I had to have refs.  Someone returned a quick message and said I didn't have to have refs to register.  All I had to do was to enter NA and I could complete the registration.  Worked fine.  Next day they let me in.

Best

AB

Hey thanks Al appreciate it.  I am glad I am not the only one that bristled a bit at the notion.  I might try contacting them like you did see how that goes.  i would not care if they contacted me by email but I hate telephone calls from businesses.  One of my pet peeves lol.  Thanks again AB.

A week ago I could browse trough past auction items and photos were available...but since couple of days no photos available but item/lot description...strange!

that is strange Eddie. I know that after a certain amount of time the photos are no longer available, and you can only view the description. So maybe thats what it was. But if you had previously looked at them and the pics were up then, then something else is at play.

Have a look at the nirvana photos i posted from rr auction past auctions.
I rewrote the title of this discussion, because I thought it was confusing to collectors and for a couple other reasons. When I have some time in a bit, I'll explain why. I have no problem, though, with the discussion itself.

I hope you don't mind.

I await your explanation on this revision Steve before i will judge, but you are probably going to take heat for this.

WHY was this re-written?  There is NO EXCUSE for that on any level!  It was the original's poster's 1st Amendment right to write this as desired!  If the information was accurate, so be it!  If not, then it will come out in the wash! 

AMAZING!!

Steve,  You should have asked the original thread maker's permission before CENSORING  their original post!  I don't see how you even think that you have the right to do such a thing!

Who am I kidding, This will probably be re-written as well.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service