We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi there,

just received a signed postcard from an old record/vinyl collector who says he got this 40 years ago but not in person.

Please take a look...at least the postcard seems funny enough and comes definitely from this era.

Views: 264

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't like it. Here is one from BAS. Your is a different color and crop and appears a copy photo to me.

Hi Eric, to be honest I didn't ask to see the back of this card. Probably it is just a copy of the postcard you have send me as a sample. The guy who is selling it told me that the signatures are real and even Fredi Fascher from the Hamburg days told him this could be the real thing...

Let's see what Ballroom says. He will have much more to say than I.

The signatures don’t look authentic to me either, and I also have never seen this image on a postcard from that time.

These coloured photos were much larger than a postcard size, even larger than a 10 X 8" photo. I once owned a nice signed example of these, formerly in the possession of Don Andrews from Remo Four and offered for sale by Tracks way back in the early 90s. So if your seller says these are on a postcard, avoid! The autographs themselves don't look THAT bad, but they look like later examples. Have my doubts, though...

Whoever made this just about cut John's ear off as well as a flower!

Agreed!

Also they added a border. I suspect the side to side ratio of the original (11x14?) would not fit the postcard format hence the crop job and loss of detail and color. I see this with 8x10's blown up for the 11x14 money grab - quality loss/over-enlargement/image degradation is evident and chopped compositions nearly always show on all these newer 11x14's.

these are not authentic

This has been around for years....it's not authentic!!!

What do you mean around for years?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service