We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Went to Harvard Square yesterday and it was packed. I asked what was going on and learned that Springsteen was signing copies of Born to Run book at Harvard COOP.  Thousands of people were in line sine 6 am, with tickets they got day before. No way I was going to get in, but  mman you cold even feel his aura outside of the store which it onlt  a blovk away from when he performed that famous Harvard Square show in the 70s when a journalist gave a review-:I have seen the future of rock and it is Springsteen!

http://www.wickedlocal.com/news/20161010/thousands-line-cambridge-s...

Tags: springsteen

Views: 1463

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, and the are so many earlier and greater you don't hear about like say John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater or Robbie Robertson of the band

I am not a huge fan either, but by sheer opportunity alone was able to collect some great springsteen handwritten stuff-he was careless with his things which is why you see so many lyrics out there.

But don't worry Bruce, you will get your ig nobel soon!

You are right, I can see Bruce getting a Nobel prize one day.

Here is the pre-signed book and his new compilation LP signed and personalized IP on that day as well. Great event, nicely organized. 1000 people got to take photo with the Boss within 2.5 hours.

wish I new about the signing,  How did you hear?  Wonder how much these signed copies will hit market for?

A guy on facebook had two at 275 each. That's the cheapest Ive seen them. They seem to average 350 at the moment. They will be out there for sale for a long time. One guy on Ebay had a case for sale. I'm wondering if Barnes and Noble will have some for black Friday.

I bet the prices will drop down to $150-$200 even 'till the end of the year. I mean, there are between 10.000-15.000 signed copies available so that's really a LOT! BTW, Bruce added London in-store appearance on Monday but this time they will be including pre-signed booklets rather than signature inside the book.

did he personalized all signed copies?

They were pre signed from what i understand.

Robert, you had chapter and verse personalized to you. I assme that everyone else got something personalized also, is that true? Cause 10,000 people over the book tour, at say 20 seconds each, is some 55 hours, well over a work week. Of course that's also  $250,000 in sales...

I don't think any other rock star of his stature has given their fans such opportunity to meet when their books came out.

I think he must have gotten the LP signed before or after the photo op. Still Bruce spent a lot of time with his fans, really cool!

Exactly, got it signed not at the book event. He spent there like 2.5 hours and there was 1000 people so you can do the math - it was like 10 seconds per person, perfect timing for a hand shake and photo opp. It was very well organized and the line moved smoothly. Awesome event, Bruce is a real pro when it comes to dealing with his fans! The only downside is that demand was waaay greater than number of free (well, book price only) tickets available and it was extremely hard to score tickets for most of those events.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service