We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 87886

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yup, scary. Hopefully they will bring them to a con, pretty disappointed in OPX if they can't even get one of them.

Agreed. Hoping there are other options, preferably after the hype dies down.

Well OPX do have Ford lined up, last time I heard, so no reason why they can't bag Daisy, John etc. 

For now, I will try and get Abrams, Oscar and John through K9 or similar. 

If Daisy and John sign exclusive contracts like Driver, as they are rumored too, Opx will not be able to get them.

Would be amazing if all three signed with OPX but the price would be insane imo - Celebrity Authentics aren't cheap. 

No they're not, but neither is OPX. They wanted $400 for that frozen girl on a poster. And now $150 for Dick van Dyke on a photo. This hobby is getting increasingly expensive.

I've put in a pre-order for Dick Van Dyke. Couldn't resist. The guy is legendary and also, getting an authentic autograph of Dick is not easy since I heard now, a lot of his autographs are secretarial since the last few decades. 

They're $89 for an 8x10 for Dick VanDyke, $125 for an 11x14.

Thanks Steve, I didn't know the price difference between 8x10 and 11x14 was so much, I looked into an 11x14 and it was very close to $150 with shipping.

What do you think of $89 for a signed 8x10 of him?

I'm not really up on the market of his autograph, but judging on his accomplishments I'd say that's a fair price.

Problem is it will keep increasing as long as people continue to pay those prices.  Honestly, the autographs of the new FA actors/actresses should not cost more than the likes of Ford, Eastwood, Mantle, or any other of that pedigree.  However, there is a demand so the price will keep going up and up.  I considered buying a poster, maybe signed by one or two cast members.  I figured it would be no more than $200 for one or two of them on a poster, boy was I wrong.  At these current prices, I'll stick to sports autographs.   

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service