We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

any thoughts please?  Thanks. Appreciate it!

Views: 487

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stevie’s signature style was much different then this in 1982. This might be a valid example from 1988 to 1990 but not 1982. Do you know the seller or is this an eBay item?

I know him well. Mark Vadarkis

If you know the seller & trust him as a resource then the piece may work as a  signature from 1987 or later. You can tell the signature was signed as an autograph based on the flair beneath the text. I am pretty good with SRV as I have been collecting him for years. I have nine graphs by him from different eras as well as a couple of pieces of unsigned writing. His graphs for fan signings took on three different styles over the years and there are clear and very definite different lines of demarcation in the 3 periods. He was consistent w/ his graphs across the 3 variants and they all are very closely tied to different time periods. The full name signature you have ties to around 1987 through 1990 (after he got clean). If you know the seller well and can get some provenance of how the graph was acquired then go for it. My earlier caution below in the thread was based on if you didn't know the source. Two things I can clearly state, however, is that a) this is a fan autograph and b) it is definitely not from 1982. It would date at the earliest from late 1986 after Stevie got clean. Its likely from  1987 or later. Hope this clarifies my feedback based on you knowing the seller.

See below for a valid example from 1981. This style of graph was consistent through 1983/1984. 

I have compared this signature closely to several later examples I have in my  collection, and I would personally pass on it. There are a few subtle things about it that do not look right to me. Note that there are some very good forgeries out there of Stevie. I would suggest to continue looking unless you know the seller well and trust the source. Others may want to chime in, but I would approach with a hint of skepticism. The claim that this is a 1982 graph is complete bullocks. Even trying to take it as a 1988-1990 graph leaves room for concern.

Do u have a budget. I got stevie all through the 80s and he was very consistent 

I'd be interested Marc e.  What do you have?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service