We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61486

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The things that I’ve described are true of both authentic JLL signatures and also ones that are supposed to be secretarials. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with being in a hurry or not. In any case, I think what it boils down to is the question that I previously asked that Steve responded to.

ok, they are also both true of what appears to be secretarial.  You just don't get it.  Didn't you also say that the Beatles 65 LP was authentic and the 2 signatures that "The Vanderhoven" tried to sell on Ebay were fake?  I agree on the latter.  

What do those things have to do with this issue?

Steve asked me about the "Beatles 65" album in a private email and I gave him my initial impression. I do have quite a bit of confidence in Frank's opinion. After spending more time on it, I'm not so sure.

it has to do with your authenticating ability.  it seems that other peoples opinions tend to sway your call on whether an autograph is authentic or not.  You are making a call on these JLL autographs and not looking at the whole picture just like some other people out there are doing.  You must look at all the facts before making a determination and in my expert opinion the facts do not prove that these questionable JLL autographs are authentic.  I also respect Frank but he made a mistake in my opinion and I am not afraid to say it.  I listen to my own facts not something that someone else tells me is the truth.  I have been doing this for 24+ years and have heard and seen it all.  You have no idea my knowledge in this business and probably never will but when I offer some kind advise you turn away and and try to put the blame on me and my methods.  I'm sorry but I have seen too many things very similar to this JLL thing and I until someone can show me an authentic signature that was done IN PERSON that looks like these then I will stand by my opinion.  I will never be jaded by someone else's guess unless they can prove me wrong and if they can like I said before i will admit I'm wrong.  If anyone thinks that the "RY" in Jerry is proving me wrong you are highly mistaken.

I told you that I respect your opinion and I also do business with you. Why would I purchase quick opinions and LOAs from you if I didn’t respect you as an authenicator? So, I disagree with you on rare occasions. I don’t get why you’re taking it so personally.

I do the best that I can and try not to let others sway my opinion. I will admit that when I see a Frank COA, it can sway my opinion.

Besides, if I'm so easily swayed by other's opinions, wouldn't I be accepting the TTM signatures as being secretarials?

I'm not taking this personally, you are very well respected in your knowledge of some autographs and many here know this as do I but in this case you are missing the big picture and focusing on things that really are of little concern in my opinion.  There are many things that like slant and large letter formations that are wrong with some of these signatures and they didm;t appear until after his new web site was launched.  Full words like "Sincerely" look nothing like each other.  Sometimes we get so focused on one thing that we miss the big picture, I see it all the time.  I guess I was just trying to shake you up to see the whole picture.  If I was too harsh I apologize.  

I agree with Roger, in that Ballroom is a well respected member of this community.  Sometimes we just don't agree and that is ok.  Roger, thanks for the follow up.

Roger brings up a good point about the word 'Sincerely'  We have seen examples of the 'S' being written in 2 completely different styles.  Have these both been determined to be secretarial?  Is there a definitive way JLL would write his 'S'?  It may help determine if one is real or not.

No problem, Roger, and no hard feelings. I will read through the discussion again and focus on the things that you’ve mentioned.

I appreciate it, Terrier. The feeling is mutual.

I believe that Jerry Lee Lewis is an unusually quirky signer and that it’s causing a lot of confusion. Along with the “E” and “RY” issue, I’m seeing the same quirkiness with other factors, including slant. To me, there are very compelling similarities throughout. That’s just my opinion. If there’s a bigger picture, then I’m just not seeing it. That’s fine.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service