Sylvester Stallone “The Steps” Signed Copies - Signature Styles

I thought I’d put all of this in one place so it’s easier to reference as signed copies of The Steps continue to surface. I’ll try to update it as more examples arrive.

Looking at all of the examples together can be a bit overwhelming because there’s so much variation. With so many differences between them, it can be hard to really get a handle on what we’re seeing when they’re viewed as a whole.

I took a closer look at the different styles showing up in the books. Once I started sorting examples, some fairly recognizable styles emerged.


I think it’s reflected in his known examples that Stallone has considerable variation in his signing styles. I’m not sure what the various styles in the books may represent, but I thought it was worth documenting.


Feel free to share your thoughts or your examples, or message me if you would rather not post publicly. All opinions are welcome!

************************************************

Style 1

Here are a few examples that seem to represent this style pretty well:

And here are some others that seem to fit the same general style but with some variation: 


**********************************************************


Style 2 

Here are some examples that represent this style: 


Here are a couple that seem to be a variation on this style: 

And


****************************************************

Style 3

This style is characterized by the individually-formed letters…however, I have noticed that there appear to be several variations within the style. Here are some examples:

And 

And 

**********************************************************


Style 4

Here are some examples that are representative of this style:


Here are a few that seem to be in the style, but with some variation:


********************************************************


Style 5

Here are some examples that seem to be representative of this style:


As you can see in the examples above, the middle of the S is typically adjacent to the L. However, in some examples, the L in the Y fall below the middle of the S:


And there are some that seem to fall into the overall style, but with some variation:


**********************************************************


Here are the US examples to date:



Here are the UK examples to date: 

Tags: Stallone, Steps, Sylvester, The

Views: 869

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's one in person on ebay right now and it is so much different than either of those. It's a full graph, but I don't see any resemblance. 

I saw that and agree…looks like it has sold now 

FWIW, based on the styles identified, the current distribution among the examples to date is: 


Style 1:  10 

Style 2:  16

Style 3:  36 

Style 4:  20 

Style 5:  20 

Among the UK examples, styles 3 and 4 show up the most by far. 

Style 1:  2

Style 2:  1

Style 3:  12

Style 4:  12

Style 5:  1

Here's my UK example

Hey thanks James, I appreciate you adding it here. 


Stallone signing books in London:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DeFP8sKIGMR/

As I continue to sort new examples into the various styles, I’m starting to look more at the examples within each style. 

Style 5 continues to be one of the clearest families, with some examples being pretty similar.

There is variation with these two but wondering if it is more natural or controlled. Placement is quite similar as well. 

Tried to use the title and Rocky silhouette as fixed landmarks to align the pages and see where the signatures fall. Got them as close as I could, but it’s not exact. Still, some structural overlap comes through:

RSS

Get Our Newsletter

Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

© 2026   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service