We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

The Pretenders\Chrissie Hynde signed "Hate For Sale", CD from Newbury

I got one of these the other day...

I thought mine looked real, however i guess it is not as I just got this e-mail. Did anybody else get this?

Here is a pic of what i got.

Hello,

Thank you for your recent order for The Pretenders’ Hate For Sale CD with accompanying autographed booklet. We wanted to reach out to you, as it has come to our attention that the autographed booklets that came with this pre-order were machine-signed and not hand-signed by Chrissie Hynde. We apologize if this has caused any confusion or disappointment, as this does not meet the expectations that we have for authentic, hand-signed signatures for our autograph promotions.

As such, we wanted to offer you the opportunity to return this title for a complete refund. If you would like to do so, please reply to this email with your newburycomics.com order number and we will provide you with a prepaid return label to return the order without incurring shipping costs.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about this as well, and we will be glad to assist further. Thank you again for being a customer with Newbury Comics.

Best Regards,

Josiah

newburycomics.com Customer Service

customerservice@newburycomics.com

Views: 2562

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

did you mention Newbury had admitted that they were autopens?

on page one the beginning there is a e-mail someone posted from newburys

I'm wondering if the Townsend response (which is more on par with just about any artist merch vendor) vs. Newbury's is in part due to the nature of the businesses they operate. The signed CDs and other exclusives are obviously not the the only part of Newbury's business (though a large, distinctive part of it), while Townsend is a dedicated band merch vendor. Townsend is probably more geared to defend the artist no matter what, while Newbury is in a position where it realizes that most artist and labels are doing the right thing and inclined to side with the customer on the somewhat rare occasion that something goes wrong. Newbury has small business roots that seem to still be intact with much loved physical stores in the New England area. Not so for Townsend.

Does anybody know if the signed booklets are sealed in the cd I recieved mine from townsend today and there are no signed booklets and don;;t want to open if i'm returning them

mos likely inside..bullmoose sends a sealed cd with a signed cd booklet that is also in the sealed cd

I received my Fake Signed booklet from Townsend - The CD was Sealed and there was an additional fake Signed Booklet Outside of the Cd - so sounds like you didnt receive one at all

yep I contacted townsend about my fake booklets The receipt clearly states 2 signed cds But i guess whoever fills the order can;t read, More than likley I'm going to return them when they get here

I wish that the music companies would stop doing this. They should make that claim during the sale rather than after the fact. 

Am I the only one surprised that people would be dumb enough to try an pull off the whole autopen thing anymore? We're a few decades into the internet age now, and figuring out something is signed by a machine is really, really easy these days. Virtually instant with social media. Feels like some old codger who's a dinosaur in the business making this call every time I see it.

Hi Chris, I started an automated return on the Townsend store page a few days ago - using return reason not as described and they e mailed me a Return label - I'm in the UK so maybe they don't offer this overseas - i don't know.

Thanks for the reply. I am guessing that is it, no return labels from the US. Oh well, sounds like I am going to have to just eat this one. "Pretenders" is a very accurate name for the band in this case. Like you said, CH should be ashamed of herself and you'd think with everyone being stuck at home, she could have spent a couple of hours a day signing these instead of cheating her fans out of hard earned money. Lesson learned, I'm about done with all these artists pre-sales, especially where the deal seems too good to be true. Luckily for me, this is the first time I've been burned by the auto-pen as far as I know, but there have been way too many examples recently of artists doing this. 

I'm returning mine tomorrow, will be vastly reducing what trusted websites i buy signed items from - Banquet Records / Monorail, Resident records in the UK are 100% Legit as are Roughtrade UK and US and Newbury Comics maybe we should make a trusted / fraudster list of who to use (or Not use)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service