We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

THE SMITHS autograph poster on eBay .I need help guys is this real before I purchase

Hello Members I am a new member to the site .I am a big music fan of autographs .I got a lot in person myself .However I would love to own a Smiths piece with all members .I found on on ebay by a seller called sweetsoulsister2019 .Item number follows 184038281748 .

The seller claims it would pass a forensic document examiner .However I asked the seller would it pass Roger Epperson's Real and I got no reply .

Is sweetsoulsister2019  reputable .

Views: 197

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do not like this. See what others think as well but the Marr looks off as does the Morrisey

Ok thank you 

I can’t comment on the poster.  But I have a comment on The Smiths.  If anyone ever wanted to compare and contrast the difference in originality, creativity, sound, and other important aspects of music which exemplifies the the decline of music from the 80s to what is being produced by contemporary artists, just take The Smiths amazing song, “How Soon is Now”, and contrast it with what is being produced now and called original “music”.  Some people celebrate Billie Eilish.  Can her music really hold up against the creative, original songs and sounds produced by The Smiths and so many other contemporaries of The Smiths?  It’s not even close.  And this is not a generational thing.  This is a matter of creativity, originality, and quality.

Agree with you 100%. Some of their stuff sounds so much better now and there is little that gets near it. At the time I thought it would be music that faded into obscurity - how wrong I was and how glad I am to be wrong!

And so much of music from the 80s actually sounds more “modern” if you will than music produced in 2019.  Where is the creativity today?  There is very little of it.  Just listen to groups like Depeche Mode, The Cure, The Smiths, The Church, and on and on.  Like my sister said...so much of what is coming out today sounds virtually the same.  I think that’s why I’ve actually heard from A LOT of twenty-somethings and younger say they feel like they were born in the wrong decade...that music from the 80s and 90s was so much better than today.  Indeed it’s true.

And that’s not to say I reject all music since 1999.  Not at all.  I’ve been a big fan of Avril Lavigne.  I like many songs from Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Nelly, Eminem, Taylor Swift, the Pussycat Dolls, and others, but 80s and 90s was superior.  But overall, there has been a decline in creativity and originality.

I think if you're looking to the mainsteam, it's going to offer a false impression of the level of artistic creativity and overall quality of music. I go to dozens of concerts a year, and it's rare that I venture into an arena or stadium. The best music isn't necessarily what the labels are pushing - they just play the hot hand, and a good chunk of that is based on image and marketing. The best music is usually at the indie level - not the top 40, which mostly sounds like it came off an assembly line. The people who aren't getting millions thrown at them are often the people with the most room for creativity and drive to explore this.

Agree with that. I went to a local sound session here in NZ a few weeks ago and was amazed at some of the talent and music, such good quality but no big names. I've actually now got into 3 of the artists, have other works they've done and you are so right about the quality of those not backed by big labels!

I am an expert on smiths and this couldn’t be further from real. Run fast and far. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service