We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

DIMAGGIO #1 (PHOTO) BLUE INK

DIMAGGIO #2 (BALL) BLUE PEN

DIMAGGIO #3 (BALL) BLUE PEN

DIMAGGIO #4 (PHOTO) BLUE INK 

DIMAGGIO #5 (PHOTO) BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO...BLUE INK

DIMAGGIO #6 (PHOTO) BLUE INK

DIMAGGIO #7 (PHOTO) BLUE INK TEAM

DIMAGGIO #8 (CARD) BLUE INK WITH MANTLE

All right guys....something a little different....here are a few examples of Joe Dimaggio signatures...some are authentic...some are not...some of these are from on line sites...some of these are are from my PC...and one of these I know was signed in person from one of my buddies collections...

Which ones do you guys feel are authentic and why ?...as you can see almost all of these autos are not even close to being the same...which makes which the real Mccoy ?...please feel free to leave comment on what you guys feel are good and or bad and why do you feel so with the # of the photo...I know there has been lots of Mantle threads on here but I think its now time a Joe Dimaggio thread should be started on to what they look like and what we should stay away from...and what characteristics should be looked out for in purchasing an authentic Dimaggio...

Please post any Joe Dimaggio photos you have or any information regarding the "Yankee Clipper" that you may be able to help share on the education on one of the most unpredictable auto styles of one of Americas Icons...   

Views: 15112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the reply.   You proved my point: dont expect all real signatures to be perfect.   Dimaggio signed a lot of stuff, and was known to come to old timers events every year.  Not a nice guy?  Im sure generous with patience is what he was.   He was joe dimaggio.  Everybody wants something when youre dimaggio

He was a selfish ego maniac. And even his sloppy rushed signatures have characteristics that are consistent with his paid for card show versions. Forgeries are rampant and easily identified. 

His son became a useless drunk but I read the son still showed up to be pall bearer at joes funeral.   Flowers annually at marilyn monroes crypt.  Ironic it wasnt joe that bought the crypt next to marilyn.  It was hugh hefner.   I saw joe at a restaurant in January 1998.   I didnt approach him.  I dont know if i was smart or an idiot

The guy I got my DiMaggio ball from had it signed around the Astrodome 1986 AS game. Said he idolized Joe and was disappointed after meeting him. Joe wouldn't acknowledge people getting autographs and made rude comments to people that tried talking to him.

Maybe joe was an oddball that loved the game and hated the fans.  

Here is a signature he gave me, which I paid for, because he was upset that I asked him to add HOF and his year on my home plate.  I have a beautiful home plate signed by 44 hall of gamers and they all put HOF and their year.  Thankfully this signature was on a 16x20 and not my home plate.

Here is a picture of Eddie Mathews signing it.  There are actually two signatures without the HOF, one is Ripken which I got before he was inducted and the other is Rose who should be in the hall.

Steve, that home plate looks sweet!  Do you have a better photo of it?  I'd love to take a look.

This picture was taken when it was about half way done.  The only players that I wanted, but have not had a chance to get were Willie Mays, Yaz, and Brooks Robinson.  I started this back in 1993.  I have it packed away, so I am unable to take an updated photo right now.  When I am able to, I will post it.

Not digging on the mantle Joey combo

i am for from an expert but it looks like a banana mantle to me 

maybe some of the other collectors will have a bit more knowledge then I 

good luck 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service