Looking at examples, I guess this has a chance to be authentic?

Views: 2977

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike, any signature on a photo increases the value over a cut or an item like this one.  if you decide to auction it off, the true value will be realized, because Munson is always in demand. He was notoriously a bad signer.

Yeah I know, just thought more I guess. PSA says a cut Munson is worth $800 haha. Still got a good deal though. Will definitely keep this in my collection as I'm a Yankee fan, not sure about the wrinkle stuff yet, need to see how it looks once I get it to make a decision. 

Is there a Michaels near you?

I got a Walt Disney signed check framed by them with a custom image of the Partners statue and it came out exactly as I pictured and it only cost around $80.(very nice frame, with triple matting in Mickey Mouse red, black and yellow, and UV protectant glass).

I did it specifically to sell it as I got the check for only $800 and then paid $100 for Sears authentication, $80 for framing, and $30 for the custom image.

I listed it as a $2499 buy it now with best offer option. I was willing to accept as low as $1800 as that's around the price for a signed check.

Literally two days later, somebody purchased it as the buy it now price. I was so shocked and figured the only explanation was the amazing framing job Michaels did. Not trying to advertise them or anything, but it was extraordinary how they took my idea and produced it exactly as I imagined.

I'll try to dig up a picture of it, but it was around 6 months ago so I'm not sure if I still have one.

Just an idea so you can get maximum profit.

Kevin
I won't, at least in regards to this one ;)

This program framed with my picture is a lot nicer display than the Jackie table setting with a picture in my opinion.
I've heard Michaels is quite overpriced haha, but yeah, there's a few in my area.

I know you guys probably hate me for making such a big deal about price, but here are a few Munson's that sold at auction:

http://collectauctions.com/thurman-munson-signed-index-card-(psa-dna)-lot2678.aspx

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2006/573.html

Really surprised with the prices to be honest, there are others that sold for $700 about 13 years ago. 

You are looking at top of market pricing for strong signatures from high end sellers.

To play devil’s advocate, I could argue one just sold for $165. :-)

I offer 166!!!!plus shipping

Nice point. 

Why does someone ask for likely value of an item if they already know what it is worth?

+1 Zipper

I bought this one about a year ago.   I paid 250 for it.

Looks like it got cut out of a nice photo...nice auto shame its a cut

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service