We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

For the last 20 years or so I’ve been collecting game used jerseys and memorabilia. I’ve done authentication work for several auction houses and photo matching memorabilia is my specialty. As we speak, a supposed 2006 Masters final round shirt worn by Tiger Woods is on the auction block. It’s signed by Woods, comes with multiple LOA’s and is backed by Upper Deck. It’ll bring probably $20,000 when the smoke clears. There’s only one teeny little problem........

its no good. And I proved it.....yet the auction house refuses to pull it. People....no matter the provenance....no matter the LOA’s....trust no one and do your homework. Someone is about to flush twenty grand down the toilet. See for yourself......

https://www.greyflannelauctions.com/2006_Tiger_Woods_Masters_Tourna...

Views: 1155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I’ve already done that. Photo from 1st fairway and 18 green. Same shirt.

Apparently he sweats an  awful lot 

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/news/tiger-woods-sweats/

Good research. Dr Loomis presented numerous photos from at least two photographers, so he may have covered the entire tournament in them. I don't know.

Dr. Loomis,

The listing says that Tiger wore that shirt on the final day of the 2006 Masters. And it's "Accompanied by a COA from UDA stating that Tiger wore this “coral” polo during the 2006 Masters."

Nike no doubt supplied Tiger with several identical shirts for the final day. How do we know he didn't change to a clean one at least once that day? A ton of images of Tiger were taken throughout that day. Did you compare photos taken throughout the day to the lot being auctioned?

You may be 100% right. We just need to be sure your claims are likely right.

In the link I provided it stated tiger sometimes changes up to every 3 holes, although not specific to the master tournament in question, at least there is some doubt that the claims made against uda and the auction are likely untrue 

+1 Just as David Bowie changed shirts in the 1997 Live at the 10 Spot Tiger may have changed shirts here. More work seems to be called for.

Musicians do that quite a bit. I never associated costume changes with golfers so much. But I guess I don't really know.

If this was actually worn, there are photos and videos out there proving it. There were cameras all over the place.

I've been to a few Masters rounds. It's in April and the weather is perfect. There's no high heat nor humidity then. As a matter of fact he started the round wearing a sweater! There was no shirt change that day. I'll bank on it.

Eric please call me. I have information about this that I can not reveal publicly.

Here’s the weather on April 9, 2006 in Augusta, Georgia. It never got above 65 degrees! So much for the “sweaty shirt change” theory. 

Checkmate.

Dr. Loomis,

You may be absolutely right, but if you haven't compared Tiger's shirt, or shirts, all through that day, then you don't know if he changed shirts or not.

This isn't about winning an argument. It's about doing complete and careful research before you make an accusation.

I just sealed the deal. Upper Deck and all these experts and their LOA’s have been blown up. Steve I’m not new at this....I’ve been doing this a very long time. I don’t make “accusations”.....I prove them. I am doing this to try and stop someone from being the victim of a huge mistake.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service