We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

TRY CW Autographs COAs Certificate of Authenticity Reputation Etc.

Recently ran into a big lot of Autographs.

Walking Dead

Boardwalk Empire

Breaking Bad

Sons of Anarchy

David Tennant

bunch of others (Michelle Rodriguez, Kesha, Lady Gaga

Literally a couple hundred with TRY CW TTM COAs. Couldn't find too much about them except they sell and authenticate their own stuff. They are based in CA. Can you really buy reputable autographs from companies like this in the hundreds? Whole thing was a little fishy to me.

The COAs were extra low tech just little printed squares. No stickers etc. Couple sellers are peddling the same ones on ebay.

Several of the autographs didn't have the right feel to me and I passed on the whole lot. any insights into this company or celebrity autographs inc from the UK?

Views: 4631

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are still on ebay and sold over 150 just last night for thousands of dollars. Their actions will continue until ebay decides maybe making hundreds of dollars in fees from them is not the right thing to do. Yeah thats going to happen. Ebay loves them!!!  What we need to do is everyone buy a picture, the cheapest one you can buy, then when you get it leave negative feedback. Enough of that and ebay will have no choice but to suspend them!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't do any good.. Mean most likely these are eBay stealth accounts.. So it's all bs info, not a real person but someone using fake info.. While it may close that account down, the same person can have a new one open tomorrow, for all we know they might just have 10/20/30 accounts already.. Wouldn't be shocked if the people who buy it are just the next stop trough this whole scam.. Dealers or individuals who have good contacts with the third party authenticators and they actually get this passed over time lol.. And then just to add to it, you end up getting authenticators who see more bad stuff than real stuff and stops passing your real autographs thinking they are bad.. It's a shame.. But actually starting to believe this..

All it takes is a little time to look at autographs being offered on ebay right now. They are the only ones at such a low price and the only one offering several autographs of the same person, many times the same picture. Sure there are many other fake ones being sold, but not at the low prices like bluefly64. They want the quick easy buck.  IF, they started a new account, I'm sure they are so greedy they would again have the low prices and the same listings they now have. It's also very easy to look at a picture being offered on ebay and then go to their site, TryCW and see the same exact picture. This will work no matter what account name is being used. Giving them many negative feedbacks will stop them and any new account can be stopped the same way. The "not trying" to stop them is as bad as them getting away with it.

Your right, well at least delay it. Would assume the trycw sooner or later won't be used by them, but they'll prob just buy a 19.99 website and change the name and start over again.. I reported pretty much everything I saw on eBay a couple of weeks ago that came from them, so agree with your not trying statement, don't get me wrong.. What really blew me away with this was it wasn't only ebay, I found them all kinds of places and not just cheap names but cast signed photos.. Bunch of them..

Lot has happened in last 2 hours. They, not ebay, has shut down their ebay account. What this means is 2 days ago they sold over a thousand dollars in fake autographs. Today they shut down their account, making it impossible to leave any kind of feedback to their account. Ebay only notifies bidders if they, EBAY, shuts down an account. So, all the people that bought fake autographs will go to Paypal and pay. bluefly64 just stole $1,000s from them. They knew they were about to get caught so made one last run at a pocket full of money. I went to their website, TryCW and while it is not shut down, there are no, not one, autograph being offered. Three days ago there were 100's of autographed pictures there for sale. I will be watching ebay for them with that account or another.

Oh wow.. Ill keep an eye on it too.. Can hope they read this and got cold feets with the account..

Try stardoxx user on EBAY. I believe it is the same person. Bluefly64 blocked me from bidding on their EBAY auctions because I accused them of selling fakes. stardoxx is someone I have never bought from but has me blocked and is offering the same low price autographs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Laurie-Holden-The-Walking-Dead-SIGNED-10x8-...

Crazy.. Don't understand why they even do it. At those prices, mean the cost of getting a photo printed, the gas picking it up etc sharpies mean.. Say it they didn't have to actually go and get the autographs, so no cost there, but still, after eBay fees and shipping costs, what's left on most of them, a dollar or two? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me... I've gotten autographs I couldn't really sell if I wanted too, but rather give them to someone who would like to get those than try and sell them for 1/2/3 dollars..

Their website is back up and selling super cheap signed photos. TryCw.com. I do think stradoxx and also amandas_collections might be in with them. Exact same photos and look a like autographs. As far as thinking they don't make much money, I can get a high quality 8x10 of any picture I send to an internet company. I've had many family ones made. So cost id cheap there, it's sent to your door, how many pictures can you sign with a $2 sharpie, the listing fee is cheap and the selling fee is only high if it sells high, which most do. So, it is a very high profit scam!!!!

I got over 30 autographs from try cw and they all passed by a third party that they are all authentic!!

Would you like to tell us who the "third party" is !?!? Please do!!!  I'm sorry but no one, and I mean NO ONE here is going to believe that. Not with their track record and prices they sell for. When you sell a signed photo for $5.00 and all the other dealers are selling it for $80, whats that tell ya!! If they are on the up and up, why did they sell thousands in autographs on ebay and the NEXT DAY close their account, so none of the buyers could complain later or leave feedback. 75% of those bidders will pay, get a fake signature and never be able to warn others. I myself won one of them for $6.60 that would cost me $75-100 from a dealer. I got it in the hopes of starting a landslide of negative feedback, but they spoiled my plan. They have never ask for payment and ebay won't make me pay anyway because they closed their account. But, many bidders don't know that and will pay.To make it worse they were selling the same signed photo several times. One celebrity might have 6-7 photos offered. They say in their listings that all signatures were obtained thru the mail. Really?? We are supposed to believe they sent 10 photos to Andrew Lincoln and he signed them all and sent them back!!!! So, you and your "third Party" (next door neighbor) go back to your jobs at the shipping department for TryCW.

I honestly don't see the point of COAs, unless they're signed by both the celeb and a legal notary. Its almost like how the U.S. Mint keeps redesigning money to stop forgery, but every attempt ultimately fails. The only way to be 100% certain that signature's real, is if you personally watched them do it.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service