We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

A fellow member has asked for opinions about this signed 1984 Van Halen album in another thread.  There are things that I like and things that concern me about it so I wanted to post it as a new discussion with the hope that we can get more members to comment on it.  Thanks in advance.

Views: 7713

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GONG!!!!!

Matt... I'm gonna gong you if you don't stop that.
Kissdestroyer1966,

Thanks ribbing people within reason is OK. Some things go too far. Matt should have left it alone this second time, but this is a passionate community were smart people may both believe different things are obviously good or bad.

I think it works best when people focus on the subject and think twice, and then twice again, before making a personal attack of any sort. But I fly off the handle sometimes, too.

What's really great with this site is how much important stuff you learn when you least expect it. You may think you know a signer up and down, and then stuff comes out here that blows you away.

The site is like a computer that runs 90% on logic and 10% on chaos.

Steve,

I completely agree. My defensive posture and aggressive response was not appropriate. His counter response of "Gong" again is obviously attempting to generate a negative reaction and take away from the subject at hand. I feel it was a bit childish and offered no value to the subject at hand. I am going to post several photos of VH albums, drum heads and magazines that came from the bands photographer, a truck driver for the band and a friend that is the son of a rock musician (including a photo of back stage satins used to obtain some of the autographs during the 2007/2008 tour). Look at them and assess as you see fit. I am done with persons that like to generate reaction other than offer insight. Hope this helps. see attached: 

Attachments: No photo uploads here

As a fan of the Gong show I can appreciate the humour, but it is unproductive Matt. Kissdestroyer your Van Halen signatures are really, really bad. It doesn't matter who they came from, who wintessed them, or if you got them signed yourself. They are b-a-d bad! I would also being willing to bet that the person who tried to properly fill out the backstage access passes also signed the album.

Ok thanks for your input. I disagree. How many satins do you have?

Here are scans of Van Halen signed albums

Stuff looks suspect to me. Just my opinion based on a lot of experience of VH autographs.

They are all purchased from an in-person collector and authenticated by Roger Epperson

Van Halen self titled is clearly fake. The others are questionable. Roger is not the "end all be all for" autos, especially music autographs. He has been know to be wrong before both on authenticating bad items and not authenticating good items. He should really stick to sports. He, like many other authenticators that sell on the side with ebay or their own internet companies, cant be trusted. That is like authorizing the FDA to sell drugs on the open market. MAJOR CONFLICT OF INTERST. I sell the drugs and also control what drugs get approved for the market. That is crazy! That is putting the fox in the hen house. I would only trust an authenticator that ONLY authenticates (absolutely no selling) and has some forensic means ti suppor their claim. (Which PSA has none!) When you gos to PSA/DNA they clearly tell you that Roger is only offering his opinion and putting his companies backing on the item. It is ONLY an opinion just like the persons on this web site. Only difference is he charges you $75 per item bad or good. It is a scam. There is NO forensic or scientific analysis for his judgement. Only an OPINION. Only way to be 100% is get the items autographed in person or attend a meet and greet and bring a couple items with you and have the band members verify as I did with my KISS items.

Destroyer,

I didn't know Roger Epperson specialized in sports.  I thought he only authenticated music autographs.   

Ted: The second Van Halen II LP above in silver marker is unfortunately not authentic.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service