We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Walt Disney World Company Guarantee of Authenticity

I am wondering how many people have heard of or seen autographs that have been sold at the AFI store on the backlot of MGM Studios (now Hollywood Studios). They all have a seal of authenticity on the front of the nicely framed autographed photo as well as a Certificate of Authenticity that is taped to the back of the frame entitled "Guarantee of Authenticity".

Each certificate is numbered, however I have yet to find a registry for these autographs. This store is not to be confused with Starabilias formally located at Downtown Disney (since closed). There also was a store that has also shut down called Sid Cahuenga's One of a Kind Shop. Most of the autograph items they had were moved to the AFI store as well.

They continue to sell autographs with this seal and certificate of authenticity and was curious what people know about it or if there is a registry. I happen to own a Christopher Reeve autograph that was purchased at this store in 1994. I have several Reeve autographs and it looks authentic and I have asked others and they concur as well.

Would love to know your thoughts and experiences on this topic. I'm sure many of you have gone through this store and looked at some of the items yourself. Lot's of Walt Disney checks and other autographs have sold there and are for sell there today as well as other entertainment celebrities. 

Lastly, I take great comfort in the fact that the leading Disney authenticator, Phil Sears, guaranteed one of the Disney Autographs to be genuine. I have posted a picture of it as well. Nevertheless, please interject and bring your expertise to this discussion ladies and gentlemen.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Tags: Authenticity, Autograph, Christopher, Disney, Guarantee, Phil, Reeve, Sears, Walt, World, More…of

Views: 9347

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I always looked forward to seeing them show up at the Florida shows when I did them. They bought a lot of stuff from me every show.

That's a phenomenal validation within itself. Thanks, Roger.
By the way, did you deal with a certain person associated with Disney? Did the representative carry a certain designation?
Thank you Ryan, I really do appreciate your words of encouragement. I believe that is what Autograph Magazine Live is truly about, the opportunity to share knowledge and facts in an effort to help the collectors and the autograph hobby.
I also would once again want to thank Steve Cyrkin for the opportunity to participate on AML and for the countless hours he donates to this belief.   
Thanks so much for your reply, Michael. Carl is correct in acknowledging your value to this community.
I was wondering if you had any information on this registry that is numbered on the back of these framed autographed photos. Even though JXE mentioned the Wehrman certificates, these are either unrelated or the Wehrman certificates were thrown out the window and replaced with these. Disney can't even offer me any info (at least the people at the AFI store). Here is the pic of the certificate. Thanks again!
Attachments: No photo uploads here

I was not aware that Walt Disney World Co. authenticated anything that was sold in Walt Disney World.  Everything that I have purchased and own from there came with a Michael Wehrmann COA.  I do know that Sid's has closed.  When I visited in December, I was told that the autographs were moved to the AFI Showcase, but I did not bother to visit there because I was not interested in purchasing anything.  Sid's was located at a prime location for browsing, right at the entrance to Hollywood Studios.  I will be visiting again this summer and I will make inquiries at that time.

Thanks Michael. The Christopher Reeve autographed photo that I own was purchased there in 1994. Do you know what year that Wehrman began contracting with disney?
Have you made that trip to Disney World yet, Mike?

My newest Disney Authenticated item 

Anyone know if they have a similar store out in California?

I don't recall ever seeing one there.

Good question Mike. Do they have a Hollywood Studios at Disneyland?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service