We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

So here's the deal.... I took this on consignment today and figured this was the place to go first.

As the title says this is a 1960 Joe Cronin Baseball signed by 28 (30) New York Yankees.

The Mantle fits the bill as a clubhouse signature as most seem to be, and the Stengel is quite light over the logo so it's tough to count that one, but 30 signatures are present. Counting Mickey... 17 of these Yankees are no longer with us.

I plan on putting it up here in the For Sale thread, but figured it was wise to avoid any hassles if I missed something. Comments ? Offers? Have at it.

Yogi Berra d.2015
Mickey Mantle d.1995 (clubhouse)

Elmer Valo (only 8 games) d.1998
John Blanchard d.2009
Duke Maas d.1976
Elston Howard d.1980
Bob Shantz
Ralph Terry
Ed Ford (Whitey)

Casey Stengel (very light) d.1975 you see the tail of his C and tengel 
Ryne Duren d.2011
John Gabler d.2009
Tony Kubek
Bob Richardson (WS MVP)
Andy Carey (only 4 games) d.2011

Eli Grba
Joe DeMaestri
Hec(tor) Lopez
Clete Boyer d.2007
Jim Coates
Bill Skowron d.2012
Roger Maris (MVP) d.1985 
Ken Hunt d.1997
Gil McDougald d.2010
Bill Short
Kent Hadley d.2005
Bob Turley d.2013
Fred Kipp (only 4 games)
John James
Art Ditmar

Tags: 1960, Berra, Elston, Howard, Mantle, Maris, Skowron, Stengel, Whitey, Yankees

Views: 772

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you nailed it, impossible to see the Stengel but with the placement it's not likely a clubhouse signature. Unfortunately Mantle is the key signature and being a clubhouse signature it has a great impact on the value.

There is a beautiful 1961 Yankee team signed Cronin ball currently on eBay for under 2000. It also has a clubhouse Mantle. That is also a world championship season. I don't know what the expectations are for this ball but I would guess it would be around 900.
Yanks didn't win in 1960 along with Mickey being CH doesn't kill the value but makes it much less desirable. I'd put it in the $500-750 range in a major auction.
How does making it much less desirable not kill the value? Authentic it would be $1500-2000, in better condition maybe $3000+. I think your $500-$750 is a good estimate based on the condition and CH mantle.
That statement was more so in regards to the actual value. $500-$750 for a baseball is still pretty expensive, but if it were to have Maris, Mantle, Berra, Ford, Stengel all CH (which was common) then that would absolutely kill the value to the point where it'd be a $150 ball.

Even in amazing shape, this ball would not fetch $3000. It's not a WS ball.
It is expensive but considering the names it is reasonable IMO.

This ball almost fetched $5k in 2014: http://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/1960-new-york-yankees-team-signed...

I've attached an image showing the price and photo if you don't have an account.
Attachments: No photo uploads here

Thank you guys.

There are really no expectations at all. I figured I would see if there is any interest here for it , before sending it off for either a COA or to an auction.

Any offers made will be considered.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112019401261
This is the 1961 Yankee team ball I was referring to earlier. It's 1995.00 bin.
I can't see a 1960 ball with ch mantle even coming close to that. As nice as the ball is.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service