We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi all! I recently purchased this unauthenticated piece signed by McCartney. Please tell me whether you guys think it is real or fake. I took a gamble buying this, winning an eBay auction at a relatively cheap price. The one thing that throws me off with this piece is the fact that the "a" goes right into the "u." There is no hump separating the two. According to the seller, McCartney signed the picture outside of the Liverpool Hilton in 2014, so I guess he could have been in a rush. All in all i think it looks pretty legitimate but I am a beginning collector and wanted to see what some of you guys have to say. Thanks a million!

Tags: mccartney

Views: 691

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, but this definitely doesn’t look authentic to me.

I agree with Ballroom. Paul did not sign this.

what turns you guys off about it?

The shape of the signature is way off, especially the last name portion.

Agree with everyone. The form, overall and each individual letter, is just not that of Paul McCartney. The ending paraph appears closer to Roger Waters than McCartney. Sorry - definitely not authentic.

That and you "can not" buy an LP signed by Paul McCartney for $65! Preliminary research would have eliminated this quickly. That value alone tells you there is a problem. Did you pay with PayPal?

No

I figured since there was no COA that's why nobody was willing to pay a higher price lol. rookie mistake hahaha.

It happens. How did you pay? The COA to me and others is ultimately meaningless. Some buy on its strength alone and that can be a serious problem.

paid with card, why?

+1

Because depending on how you paid you may be able to get your money back. I have never had a return to do so I am not versed but if you ask here you should be able to get some help in doing so. About 3 days ago there was a guy with a fake $350 McCarney LP and he got his refund in  about 30 minutes. I wish you good luck :)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service