We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Awhile back I purchased a Rolling Stones newspaper. It was OKed by Roger Epperson before I purchased it. I didn't see, nor can I now see, there was any problems with it. I matted the paper and eventually offered it for sale on eBay where it was pulled by them.

I have since found out that this item sold on eBay in the past without a problem.

Yesterday, I received information from a member on this site who noticed this in a previous discussion and was informed by them that this is a known forgery style. 

To also be fair, I have seen an email where Roger Epperson again(today) responded this set of signatures looks fine. Also, I have in my possession a ticket to the event on the same date as the newspaper, attendance wristbands for the event, and photo of the event site and inside during the concert.

I simply would appreciate to figure out if these signatures are, indeed, genuine or do they appear suspect. I both love and dislike a challenge and this is one to me. Appreciate any and all thoughtful responses.

Thank-you.

Views: 5161

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These signatures look really nice in my opinion! 

They look good to me too. Can we see an example of that forgery style? Is there one available?

That was not provided to me. Thus, the point of this discussion. I'm trying the best I can to come up with some solid answers. It's to a point that I need to get these authenticated by a TPA. Not something I usually do. I must assume that Roger would certainly authenticate it. Needless to say, I still want as many opinions as I can as to why this piece is "questionable" to the point of being removed from eBay. 

I certainly would like to think that all the TPA's would authentic it and not be second guessing. I think the signatures look good but my opinion will not get me a cup of coffee! Not in this world anyway!!

Why hasn’t it been provided to you? If the member believes that it’s consistent with a forgery style, they should be able to send you an example of that forgery style.

I believe that the style of the recently posted 'Black & Blue' album shares the same traits as the OP. I am skeptical of both

https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/rolling-stone-black...

Alright, here ya go

This is from the same source as Joe's item

Hi Goodcat, how do you know this item is from the same source? is it because they are both signed in a similar style?

They look much more than "similar"

I'd say more "samey"

All 4 signatures look very bad to me, individually. Same with the LP.

Thanks for your reply, Mr. Steffman. This makes this discussion even more interesting and educational.

Who is the source and what else are they selling?

Were the newspaper, ticket, wristband and photo all sold together? They're all from 10/26/12?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service