We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

As a collector of autographs, rock memorabilia, I feel that I need to allow for a percentage of forgeries that I may have purchased over my time of collecting. Well I hope to keep the percentage small, but I think it's almost impossible to have a 100 percent success rate ,not being an expert that is. Even these days people are disagreeing with tpa.

Well that seems to be the reality for me , how about you and your collection?

Views: 7688

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Getting a TPA is a real pain even when it comes out fine. A total waste if the verdict goes the other way. With that said, it pays to get a TPA on valuable signatures. It generally gets a better price, easier to sell, and protects both parties.

I will use TPAs when they actually seek out the right person for each piece they sign off on, and put an actual name or names of the person(s) that have authenticated the piece. 

Roger and Steve Z. have the right idea.....they authenticate in the fields of their expertise, and they sign the COA.

PSA and JSA have people that should be seeing certain pieces and they rarely utilize them.

I consider Steve Grad a friend, but unless I know 100% that he will be the person looking at and signing off on my Star Wars autograph.....why in the world would I take the chance and just send it into PSA?

There is no chance at all that I could ever send a modern celeb piece to JSA. Yet they have JD Bardwell listed on their page as the "Modern Celeb Expert Guy"

I have never ever seen a JSA cert signed by JD.......why is that?  JSA is happy to keep the fees in house and have Spence Jr. or Spence III sign off on stuff. This is why so many modern celeb graphs from JSA have certs on secretarial TTM autographs.  

Who authenticates the music besides Epperson for jsa?

Roger would be best to answer that question, but all I tend to see are unsigned cert cards or letters signed by James Jr. or James III. 

The same folks that authenticate everything else they get sent in.

I'll ask a member here,because they have been issuing  coa's for Cobain signatures and Epperson doesn't authenticate them.

I do not use TPA's for one reason I have no clue who would authenticate an item.  Now if I had a space related item of course Steve is the best there is. The question I have is why not have the person who authenticates sign and date the certificate?  That way anyone would know the track record.  If Mr. X signs off on bunches of bad autographs anyone would know to steer clear of his certified ones.  Steve Z. and Mr. Epperson are not afraid to put their names out why should those who work for PSA or JSA?   I would have much more faith in those two companies were they to do that.  If I knew JD Bardwell was going to authenticate something I would have more faith than a rubber stamped JSA.  I do think they get it right more than they get it wrong but when they get it wrong it is a disaster.  I frankly do not even like buying an item anymore with their sticker on it.  A lot of us are starting to feel like that.  I feel they also should have a system of reporting of their mistakes.  I would respect them greatly for that and have much more confidence in them.

I sold a Koufax picture I got personally signed I sold to a guy on ebay ..he went to a card show was charged 55 dollars they did 5 minute evaluation said it was fake by jsa/dna....he wanted his money back I said fine I did not refund the 55 dollars sent it to gfa was found authentic duh I knew that ...I see bad reviews by you on gfa how can u dispute GFA im curious??????? sent him a copy of the finding 8 pages never heard back from him....oh well  

GFA would say it was real whether it was fake or not. Has anyone heard of them actually failing something?

and you know this how??????? I sent in mickey mantle card they told me was fake although everyone of my friends claimed it was real...oh it was a Koufax baseball not a picture......99% of my collection 8x10

Prove it. Lets see the picture/JSA rejection letter/GFA cert. I have never seen an authentic autograph authenticated by GFA

did you read my post obvious you didn't sold it to a guy he took ball not picture to show they jsa looked at it for 5 minutes said t was fake.....charged him 55 dollars he wanted money back I returned his money minus the 55$$$$...he wanted 55 dollars for rejection letter said it would be two weeks after show....I sent him a copy of my letter to him it was autographed in person ....you never seen an authentic autograph really by gfa what makes you an expert????

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service