We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello everyone!

I have just joined Autograph Live and this is my first post! I'm really pleased to now be part of this community.

My local autograph dealer has this Alec Guinness autograph for sale on behalf of a gentleman who got it in person. Apparently Alec signed this outside a theatre in London in the 1980s. However, upon closer inspection, a few things stand out for me:

1) The 'o's in Good seem to be joined differently to all the other Alec Guinness autographs which I have seen.
2) The letters in 'Guinness' seem to be looped, and most others which I have seen aren't like that.
3) The autograph looks more like an earlier example from the 1950s/1960s, and the person who obtained it said they got in in the 1980s, which arose my suspicions.

Am I looking into it too much and this is in fact genuine, or would you say this is fake?

Many thanks, Lewis.

Here are a couple of photos of it:

Tags: alec guinness, authentication, star wars

Views: 349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The autograph is atypical.  I would be shocked if it passed a TPA.  The “G” in “Good” is where any examination should begin and end.

Thank you for your feedback Mike. 

How sure would you say that is is fake? 

I did not say that it is fake.  That is never a word that I would use.  It is definitely atypical.

Ok, that's fine! Thank you for your opinion on it Mike! 

Anytime.  Welcome aboard.

Thanks! I'm glad to be part of this community! 

It just looks weird and not authentic for me. The joins, the pen pressure all just look off

Thank you so much for your opinion Dan. 

I do not believe this was signed by Alec Guiness, - I would pass on it

Your feedback is much appreciated Michelle. Thank you! 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service