We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

A photograph of George and a Fan signed by George and dated  7-28-1966.  Not sure but might be good. Last name is atypical. Any other thoughts.

Views: 515

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The George part looks more like a later style (70s). Maybe the photo is 66 and the autograph later. Generally I tend to think rushed autographs are more likely real but this one has some very usual stuff going on, especially in the surname. I also wonder what the white sheen is.

I agree.  When you first look at Harrison it does look off.  However when you enlarge it there are characteristics of George’s signature albeit very rushed.

I love this George! Is it being offered online? The only post of the image I found thru Google Image Search was here.

I think it’s good too. Not necessarily rushed, but awkwardly signed.

It looks artistically signed to me, with extra care. 

It could very well be legit!

I purchased the George signed photo for $535 Canadian.  Will report again once I actually have it in hand.

That's $400 US. Fab, you got a GREAT deal! I'm glad you did because you've been helping the Beatles community for years by posting valuable discussions like this one.

Thanks Steve,  I really like this particular signature as it is quite different (last name) from his usual signings. Adding a bit of flair at the end.

Hi fab432, any update on this interesting buy?

My apologies.  I purchased the autograph from a local estate sale.  The good news is the autograph is really quite good.  I wasn’t able to get much information from the vendors other than it was found inside a book about the Beatles and the girl in the photo was born in Liverpool.

The whiteish marks on the photo appear to be masking tape residue that made contact with the photo at some point in time. I haven’t attempted to remove it yet but will do at some point.

Thanks fab432, sounds good! I thought the whiteish marks may have been from one of those dreadful self-adhesive photo albums that were big in the 70s and 80s. If I were you I definitely wouldn't touch them. If you do want to remove them go to a professional photo conservator specializing in paper-based photographs. It may end up costing as much as you paid for the autograph but I suspect it would be a good investment.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service