We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I bought a set of Beatles autographs 4 years ago from Antiquities in Las Vegas. They are authenticated by Drew Max of AAU. After a bit of research on Max, and several rejections from auction houses and prospective buyers, naturally, I'm suspicious of the authenticity of these signatures. Antiquities gave me a money-back guarantee. I'm in Las Vegas RIGHT NOW (I live in San Francisco) and I'm trying to get a refund from Antiquities. Yesterday they gave me the cold shoulder. I'm going back in today hoping to talk to the owner. What am I to do? What do you guys think of the signatures?

Views: 2511

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heritage is the main one I still have evidence of turning me down. I think another one was Sotheby's, and two more that I don't recall. Ebay also removed it on a couple different occasions for questionable authenticity (of which I have evidence). In fact, every single person who knows anything about Beatles autographs who's seen it (in pictures or in person) has doubted its authenticity; most call it an obvious fake.

What would really hurt them is to stand outside their store with a sign stating that they sold you a fake and won't take it back. Of course, Ceasars security may ask you to leave but you are just exercising your right to free speech. The last thing they want is bad publicity.  I'd also suggest calling the local Vegas TV stations as sometimes their reporters will look into your situation and confront Antiquities themselves. This tactic recently forced Guernsey's Auction House in New York to remove about 20-30 fake guitars from a recent auction. The power of the press!

Bruce Juice,

Who consigned those guitars to Guernsey's?

Good to know. Thanks for the tip!

Bruce,

Many of the signed guitars that were pulled from the Guernsey auction came from Antiquities of Las Vegas according to the New York Post article:

http://pagesix.com/2016/02/14/guitars-pulled-from-auction-amid-doub...

That's really useful info, as well. How do these guys stay in business!?

Any sustained protest can be done, but would likely  require going thru a lugubrious application process.

Kevin,

Antiquities Las Vegas currently has another Hard Day's Night album for sale, U.S. release again, for $16,995. They should be thrilled to take yours back so they can resell it for 3-times what you paid. After all, you can't just manufacture genuine band-signed Beatles albums!

http://www.antiquitieslv.com/beatles-signed-hard-days-night-album/

I saw that when I was in there the other day and didn't know whether to laugh or vomit.

It's interesting that yours and this one are both US pressings of A Hard Day's Night, yet according to recognized Beatles autograph experts, none exist. The only ones known are Parlophone releases (UK pressings).

This info is very valuable. Thank you for your knowledgeable input!
I'm going to try to contact celebrities also. Some of them might be interested yo know their forged autographs are being continually being sold in Las Vegas a d Dan Francisco.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service