We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Authentic or Fake? Could Someone give me their best opinion?

Tags: authentic, fake, or

Views: 3571

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey thanks guys for the input and helping me not make the same mistake twice!

Know what else is hilarious about this holographic COA BS? Go to ebay and put in item number 200949957650 (I can't link because I'm on a mobile device). 

That auction shows the coa for the Iron Man 3 forgery-fest. Look at how similar the certs are, both in the language used, the overall layout, and even the "signatures" of the movie execs. I guess Warner Bros. and Disney borrow each others certificate templates... LOL!

The Russell Crowe signatures in both of the examples posted are likely not genuine. Russell has a great signature even when rushed and I have yet to see anyone fake it successfully.

For me that automatically disqualifies the poster as authentic.

If you still have doubt all you have to do is start looking at pen pressure and slant and you can determine that the same hand was involved in many of the signatures.

Charles O'Brailey I am confused you said your cousin got one signed IP at the premiere and it matches identically? So whats up with that? Did he lie to you? 

Can you post the "text" ip pictures he sent to your phone that match perfectly? 

Rob, Did you read what I wrote?  I NEVER SAID MY COUSIN HAD THE POSTER SIGNED.  I said that they were giving out signed posters at the premiere.  They came pre rolled and signed by the cast.  There was a limited quanity (unsure of exactly how many).  He certainly didn't lie to me.  I said he got the poster in person, basically just meaning that he was able to obtain the poster at the actual premier.  Obviously it was not signed by the actors that day, I am assuming it was pre signed at a much earlier date. 

So then how does his match a fake one 100%  as you said? Are you saying the forger was at the premiere signing these and handing them out? These signatures dont look real, how would they match a real example? 

I believe on the page before this Rob, Charles says:  This is a hard one to call because the hologram on the photo looks identical to the one my cousin got in person, but now that you pointed out some identical points in different signatures and after looking at my cousins again.  I must say, they might not be as much the same as I previously had thought.

I don't think there ever was any poster given out at the premiere. I think this is a big scam, and it is fooling a lot of people who are selling this poster. Everywhere you look the posters have all the same autos, all the same premiere studio issued holograms, and now they are coming out with Warner Brothers stamps, which go along with the holograms.

Could this be in any relation to eBay thief "filmfanatix" who I have blogged about here? 

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/movie-cast-signed-po...

Those sigs look identical! But I don't think it is the seller as much as who ever is producing these fakes. The seller AFilmfanatix is just one of the many bad guy sellers out there selling the fakes. But lets keep in mind, these sellers are not artist and are not self producing these posters. In other words, they are buying them from somewhere else(knowing they are fakes), and selling them with a clear mind set. It would be interesting to hear from a warner brothers rep to see if there was ever any posters handed out at these movie premiere's. My money says there were NOT, and this is just a big scam.

Funny thing is I just got a curious email today from a person I know that I emailed who works for WB and actually was working promotions for the premiere here in NYC which I found out today. He says he never seen a poster stamped like that he says they had no reason to stamp them. He says he has seen holograms but he says they look different than these and are usually for the charity items. It takes a while for him to answer emails so I am not sure when he will get back to my questions I sent back.

So Charles can you post a picture of your cousins? I would love for him to see them when he comes here after seeing the link in his email I sent back to him. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service