We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I'm interested to know your thoughts on Autograph World LLC? They are a Registered Dealer on UACC and sell many items on eBay. Thanks!

Views: 6114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe it might have been one of Aring's as I can't seem to locate it at the moment.  It had to do with someone who had either bought or was about to buy one from AW.  Aring depicted several  IPs(no longer around as those appear to have gone as well with Aring's "departure") and of course the discussion ensued on slant & accuracy.   I had also followed up on the story and it confirmed what was later reported by the original commentor.  If I locate it or any remnants of it, I'll add the link to the discussion,,, but coffee is the priority at the moment.

here is a diiferent thread (what's left of it anyway) that was discussing Joey Adams and some AW offerings.  JXE - you were involved in that discussion.  Unfortunately, it appears to be missing a number of comments on pictures or so it seems and it's a dialogue within a dialogue.. 

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/autograph-inconsiste...

it's getting to be you need a forensic computer degree to rebuild threads.  Maybe it was Joey Adams I was thinking of but with so many items gone it's difficult to locate items for historical benefit.

I think you're thinking of Joey, because their Scarletts have always looked good. I'm happy to report that the JLA thing has been resolved as well. 

Like I said in the other thread, AW agreed with me that the signature did not look like how she usually signs. They got them directly from the person who managed/assisted her at a conventon around that time. That person told AW she was rushed towards the end and she ended up signing AW's stack in the car, and that's why they turned out different.

AW followed up with her personally in August. She confirmed again that she signed them--although very differently due to the strange circumstances--and AW got a new stack at that time and send me one free of charge.

So basically, even though the celebrity herself told them they were legit, AW still went out of their way to get me a replacement photo to make me happy. And this is for a $15 item. I would say they went above and beyond in this case.

Thanks for sharing that story! I will surely buy from them in the future :-)

they do typically go the extra mile.

just to clarify the story however;  they went thru her agent (originally they indicated they went directly to the actress) who took a stack and had her sign them in the car then sent them onto AW.  As such they felt they were authentic.  Nonetheless, understanding the concern and how atypical they seemed to be they acquired more that were evidently typical as you have noted.

As such, I was thinking about the Epperson comments on the beach boys and the agent taking them and doing all the signings. 

Hadn't heard the end story on this but glad to see it has been positively resolved. 

I was the only person to report the story, and they never changed their story to me. The story was always that the supplied the photos for her signing through her agent.

you weren't however the only person who followed up on it.  they had sent me something to publish but I choose not to since I read a comment you had posted which appeared close enough for government work.

I bet AW does that a lot.

I was in Richardson, TX at an event one time and I arranged a private signing with Jonathan Frakes for the last day of the event.

While he was signing my stacks of photos I spied another big box of blank photos and I immediately recognized it as an AW box (name and address on the box).

I said 'Hey you guys have blank photos from AW. What's up with that?' They basically confirmed that yes they did and that the items were next to be signed by Jonathan and then sent back to AW.

Kind of nice to have remote signings where you never leave your desk. Wish we all could have that option.

Just want to bump this up, anyone else have any experiences/opinions about them?

They have a very good reputation, and from what I've seen it's well deserved.

Thanks Steve.

I truly believe they are the best in the business in terms of the quality of their items, the variety of items they offer, and the prices they offer them at. If you shop with them regularly and watch all of their auctions you could end up with a very prestigious and real colletion in a short while. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service