We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Some of the signed book releases with big names like Matthew McConaughey piqued my interest, and so I was wondering how frequently these "straight-from-the-publisher" books have ended up being fake (autopens, stamps, printed signatures, etc.).

Does anyone know of any others that've been released in the last 5 years or so?

I'm primarily focused on the last 5 years, but thus far I've only found a few:

Urban Meyer - Above the Line (2015)

Wayne Gretzky - 99: Stories of the Game (2016)

Brian Wilson - I Am Brian Wilson (2016)

Sheryl Sandberg - Option B (2017)

Reese Witherspoon - Whiskey in a Teacup (2018)

Seth MacFarlane - Inside Family Guy (2019)

Hillary Clinton - Grandma's Gardens (2020)

Views: 833

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's more than five years but Gene Simmons Sex money Kiss the silver book has 2 Different autopen signatures in silver

I saw a Matthew McConaughey 'signed' book at 'Books Inc.' Bookstore. It's definitely autopen.

Are any autopen patterns on the McConaughey book available online? I have a copy selling on eBay ending tonight, and I would like to know if the signature is fraudulent.

Thanks.

Jimmy Stewart had at least five autopen patterns in his book of poems. These Autopenned bookplates came directly from the publisher.

http://stevezarelli.blogspot.com/2015/03/james-jimmy-stewart-autope...

In my opinion it is deceptive for publishers to market books as 'signed' or 'signed copy' by celebrities when an autopen was actually used.

That's why I'm very leery of buying 'signed' books by celebrities. The chances of the book being autopen signed is very high. 

Attending book signing events by the celebrity or buying inscribed books are sure ways of making sure that you have a genuine signed book.

I attended a book signing event by Anthony Daniels for his memoir 'I AM C3PO the inside story'. So I have an inscribed copy of his book.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service