We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

(I did post this in Sports Forum, but although people were helpful with Mickey - there were no Babe Ruth experts that responded.)

Hi (again). I did as much research as I could on these two pictures. On the Babe, I looked at other inscribed letters and the *To* and *From* seem to be legit. Looked up numbers and the *4* and *5* look like his - the 7 is questionable. The C in Carl looks like other Cs he has done. Any opinions greatly appreciated! 
Thanks, Kim
br47.jpg

Tags: Babe, The

Views: 1444

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right?? I even looked at old checks to see numbers and the way he wrote them. I am stoked. I was so pissed at my husband the other day because I found a Robert Plant and 2 Eric Clapton on a site that this forum confirmed were legit. He put a limit on me - ugggg - and ALL 3 sigs went for $120!!! Beat me by $20.
Kim

UPDATE - I did send pic to Beckett and they already did the review - Likely to Pass Full Authentication. YAY!!!! Thanks to all who replied.

Very cool! Good luck on the purchase.

Bids are going up. It is worth more than $4000 - right? After full auth?

Anything over $4K I’d tap out. $5000-$6000 max retail certified. Nicer examples have retailer at $5500 range 

Thanks. I have seen some sites that have them over $20,000 but I wondered if they sell for that. Other sites said what you did, 5-6. Maybe I will go $1200. I wish I could keep it, but I would have to sell it to pay for all the other stuff I have purchased recently.

I spent $800 on 71 furbies yesterday - lol. They are worth about $4000.

I just saw JSIGS priced it like I did, and he's on target. But without seeing the whole photo you can't get a proper opinion.

I did post pics of the entire picture later in the thread and Beckett came through with likely to pass full authentication. LOL - some sited had me believing it was worth a LOT more. Maybe I should stick to furbies. If I got it do you think I would sit on it long if I asked like $3500 - if I get it for under 12. Also, Mr. Steve, did you see email I sent you?
Kim (and thanks)

I know nothing of the Furbie market (honestly, I thought that died with Beanie Babies). Could you pull $3500 from the piece fully authenticated? Yes. There are no shorage of Ruth signatures on the market, and some might argue it's flooded. Demand has always been high, however Ruth was a prolific signer, and quite generous with his fan base. I suspect it will sell for higher than $3500 in a normal auction setting. But I'll standby my statement of not wanting to get into it much deeper than that, expecially if flipping it is the goal. 

Hi Kim,

Just saw it...thanks! 

What size is the photo? I figured it was about 8x10 but it appears to be a lot smaller.  Can you see the very bottom? Still, $1,200 smells like trouble. A cut would cost you that or more.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service