We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have heard now a couple of times that Babe Ruth had his own special pen. From what I understand, after the Babe retired from playing baseball, he had a special pen made for him to be used for signing autographs. Does anyone have any information about this? I was wondering what it looked like, and what the particulars were. Thanks.

Views: 1855

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry for the late reply. I was watching my Royals in the ALCS. Well, the first I heard of it was from a friend who said he heard some talk of it in a short documentary he saw. Secondly, I recently purchased a really nice Babe Ruth signed baseball that was inscribed "To Ray From". It is PSA/DNA. The wonderful seller that I bought it from also sent me the original ebay listing from 2006 when he bought it. That seller stated that the ball I now have was signed with the special pen that Ruth had made for himself after he retired just for signing autographs.
James,
That is a great looking baseball. Congrats!

Robin
Thanks, Robin.

There is a good documentary on Babe Ruth that you can find on DVD called "The Life Behind the Legend." I'm pretty sure that it's there that they cover how many autographs Ruth would sign for people, even though the fountain pens that they used at the time would leak and get ink all over him. The point was that he was a good guy and this didn't bother him. Based on that, I don't there was was a special type of pen that he used, but there may be more info somewhere about this.

Ive never heard of such a thing. I dont think "Don" has either. Some people just like to answer with a little humor to keep it light. I doubt if he was trying to be mean to the Op.

I agree, Ian. 

How is this a logical question, big bad blaze? Babe Ruth had a special pen? lol!! Yes, I beeatch just like many people do about ebay allowing forgers on their site. What would you like me to do besides expose & report them? There's nothing anyone can do about it tough guy. Anything that I'd say on here about a forger, I'd say right to their face and have done so before...with no problems on my end because of it! Every last one backed down like the cowards they are. So I don't need to grow a pair, I got em like melons!

Robin, if you don't like jokes why don't you go watch a Carrot Top stand up special.

Dom makes a good point.

For about two years Ebay was doing a great job removing forgeries, then out-of-the-blue, it stopped.

A lot of people worked hard at getting the bad stuff removed, and now Ebay simply rakes in the cash from the sales of forgeries.

Ebay has profited big-time from the sales of forgeries.

I, too, "bitch a lot."  That's all we can do these days, in addition to exposing the sellers of forgeries.

Chris,
In addition to you exposing forgeries, you actually help fellow members on this board with your expertise and have contributed quite a lot. As far as Dom, he has no value to this forum.

Robin, everyone here has their own "personality."

And Dom exposes Ebay sellers of forgeries every day.  It's a frustrating task knowing that in spite of exposing those "bad guys," Ebay and the sellers rake in the money.

Personally, I appreciate the input from the majority of AML members.

I've only talked to a few people on here so far and I believe both will come forward and say I helped them when they asked for my opinion. I will ask them to come to this post here and back that up. Now Robin, find one person on here that I refused to help. You can't find one, so stop spreading lies!

With all do respect Dom, I am here to learn and share my joy of autograph collecting with fellow AML members. I do not have to prove anything to anyone. If your JOY is exposing forgers on here then more power to you. Im just tired of the same old jokes coming from you. Again, do not take this personal.....now lets get back to collecting, shall we?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service