We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Just came across this set of autographs apparently signed May 31st, 1963 after their Odeon Cinema concert. Based on the accompanying story after the concert the Beatles came to a window (of the Cinema) and they signed the piece of paper for the fan. The story with this autograph is a copy of the original which in itself is a bit odd.  The signatures on the paper look rushed as you would expect considering how and where it was signed but despite the story they don’t look good to me? Any other opinions ?

Views: 366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you, Fab432. Definitely not real IMO.

IMO, a not so good forgery attempt.

Really bad attempts.

Most of the time the story is as phony as the autographs!!!

these are truly pathetic

Very poor attempts!

These all appear to be signed by the same hand, a juvenile one at that. Big thumbs down.

I sent the auction house an email telling him that these signatures were very bad forgeries despite the vendor’s LOA. Here is the reply I received.

Lot 162

Thank you for your email. We will have them withdrawn from our sale.

Your experience is appreciated.
Regards

That is unusual. Most ignore such a letter or offer some silliness about layers of authenticity; they hate to lose the income from a sale. Kudos to you! It's one for the good guys!

Thank you!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service