We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Up for auction at Strouds in the UK is a great set of autographs with decent provenance. Estimate is £3000+

Description

A set of Beatles autographs comprising Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr and John Lennon, the signatures on a folded sheet of A4 paper along with the added signature of Robert Dougall and the note 'at the investiture at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday 26th October 1965' signed Doris L A Hall MBE
Doris Hall received the MBE on the same day as the Beatles and the well known newsreader Robert Dougall, and this is when she obtained the autographs. Also included are newspaper clippings and other ephemera relating to the investiture ceremony. The autographs have been consigned by a direct descendant of Doris Hall MBE

Views: 502

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They look good but - the image is so visually whacked out that it's hard to tell what the original looks like.

This does look good. An historical item as well.

Well if the Sotheby’s results of £20,000 + were legit with no shill bidding for what look like nice signatures but nothing special these should go through the roof.  If not I’d question those prices in the Sotheby’s auction 

Yes agree. Sotheby's result was totally out of the ordinary or some other unknown force was in play. 

I think there are two opposing forces here.

On the one hand the item is of considerable historical interest. On the other, the visual appeal is rather impaired by the quality of Ringo's signature, having Robert Dougall's signature between Ringo's and John's and having Doris' text at the bottom.

Personally, I would far rather have this set of autographs than the very clean and perfect set that sold at Sotheby's but a casual rich buyer might think differently.

Definitely agree with your points however the item is for sale by a direct relative of Doris, and the fact that Doris was there getting her MBE at the same time IMO adds to the value.

I much prefer this to the one that Sothebys sold but i suspect it will be snapped up by a Beatles dealer

I would be very wary unless you can you actually see the signatures in person to study....their are real autographs but I think they have been photocopied or printed. The annotations writing looks real at the bottom in blue pen but the Beatles sigs look like they could be copy’s.

Went for £6,000 plus buyer's premium etc. so presume not a copy.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service