We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi all,

I purchased a set of Bob Dylan signed Mondo Scripto prints a couple of years ago from Castle Art.

The recent S&S book controversy is making me uneasy about the authenticity of the “hand-signed” signatures on the prints. 

How can I tell if the signatures are autopen/are there any forum members who also may have any of these prints so we can compare signatures?

Views: 8704

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That doesn’t look the same to me neither the bob nor the Dylan. 

I am looking into that. There are many who suspect it but we need definitive proof.. Are there any examples out there, contracts he may have signed, anything in that style at all that we can verify and rule this theory out?

Thanks for this still but I meant any with the crossed Y that are verified

It was authenticated by Dylan's manager.. (at this point HAHA right?)... well this style has a straight Y.. compare it to a Mondo Scripto with the crossed Y and the rest of the signature matches up

If this Mondo Scripto is signed by someone else, it means whoever is signing them is also using a straight Y signature for other items, or this is in fact Dylan's signature

I agree.. this is just a step in the whole process.. If those lyrics are signed by someone other than Dylan, it says a lot.. Since these match up, they come from the same person. Meaning that you can not rely on straight Y version either unless it is a 100% known in person example. PSA, Beckett, JSA.. all could possibly be authenticating this style with the straight Y.. it needs more research

This is not very good, but apparently his divorce decree with Beckett COA that was on iconicauctions.  Maybe someone can get a clearer image.

I'll make a comparison to Mondo when I can but we are talking almost 30 years in-between signatures?.. if someone can find something more recent that might be better.

Thanks for posting either way, its still a piece of the puzzle

I just sent Castle Fine Art an email asking about my Mondo Scripto purchases from a couple of years ago and asked them to validate/provide more details about the Dylan signatures on my pieces, given the news about the book.

We will see what kind of response I will get.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service