We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi, I would appreciate opinions on this Bruce Springsteen signed guitar. It comes with a COA from Autograph Pros, for what it's worth. Thanks in advance for all replies.

Thanks,
Allen

Views: 1845

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

alot less and alot less becuase its signed under the strings and its a sloppy sig also.

i was never a fan off the spray painted guitars

what are they asking for it.

i would much want it on a 52 tele reisue ,it would look much better,  i know a charity that get usualy 4 or 5 a year from bruce on the body.they get them every  years for over the last 10 years so they got even all the estreet and bruce on them.

As for the value of signed Springsteen guitars -- the ones that have sold via Charity Buzz in the last few years have gone around 10 grand. Of course most of that is a tax write off. Other ones signed on the body have sold for around 3-5 grand on eBay and other auction sites -- depending on the make/model of guitar and how nice the signature is. They don't come up very often as Bruce does not sign guitars anymore except for his charities. (The ones I'm referring to are all uninscribed and bold sharpie sigs. 

Signed pick guards maybe around 1500-2000. 

It would be preferable if this guitar was not painted IMO. Agree W John Shaw - 52 RI far more exciting. Again, it is like the framing grab, I don't  - well, the chances of a sellers framing being what (or how) I would want it - LOW. Imagine this guard on a Squire. It fits...of course, you can just unscrew it and put it on whatever you want - which is one of the things I don't like. Is that painting lightfast? Etc... 

I agree, not painted.

If I HAD to choose in this area, I would select a 52 RI in nitro with a heavy relic finish, classic 2-tone sunburst (no red), and a vintage Bruce sticker. If it IS appearances, this would be the one to sell IMHO. Signed in silver perhaps.

a few reasons they get painted one so u dont see and scratches or dings second it takes away from thats its on a pickguard

i personaly want the same type of guitar that the artist plays like clapton strat . les paul on a les paul , ac /dc on a sg and so on. it think it looks nicer and adds value and ive dealt in guitars for around 30 years

Exactly, if its going to be Gilmour, its gotta be a Strat etc. Red or black! ;)

"...it takes away from thats its on a pickguard..."

That is an important observation!

if its a band signed guitar theres no reason one sig cant be on the pickguard .

this way its spread out nicely but i hate the under the string signed pick guards what a waste and they really shouldnt be  doing signed guitars for a living

Well, there is a reason one doesn't see many signed nitro finished/relic or otherwise more high end guitars. 

i did a lot off high end sign guitars sold most off them , still have a few alot of low end guitars signed.

did find gorge micheal on the pickguard i didnt know i had the other day.

alot off brian wilson with lyrics

if people are interested in real ones,i have some real one like les paul sign by les on the body , cream signed blackie and who signed american tele with original artwork by entwihstle of boris the spider  plus probaly a few more. like a 1967  vox bass signed by john ent whishtsle with boris 

kiss less paul on body 

and probaly alot more that in forget in storage

these are not cheap guitars too begin with

That is the other end of the spectrum. At days end - I'd prefer a superb vintage-signed promotional photograph with label stamp. 

I deal also in 1939 New York World's Fair memorabilia. Some of my collection, part of an exhibit building, has been displayed in the National Building Museum. I remember back in the early 1990's, or late 1980's, when the big yearly "WF Show" was held in the Adria in Queens. There was this dealer, a good dealer and a friend, who had a Bissel 1939 NYWF vacuum cleaner, and also a stanchion - the thing you'd put up with ropes through to steer the public. Neat items, but they never sold. I was once was buying a 12 foot section of the molding from the grand staircase of my beloved R.M.S. Mauretania of 1907 - until I realized - what am I going to DO with this?  

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service