We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I was the highest bidder on this piece from last week's RR Auction. Someone told me that the signature "might" not be authentic. I want to get your opinions on it.

Thanks!

Tags: Reeve, Star, Superman, Wars

Views: 2198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I sent RR an email this morning. I'll let you know what they say.

Today has been a busy day for me. I'll tell you guys more about my contact with RRA tomorrow.

Here's what happened:

I wrote an email explaining my situation. I even mentioned the two quick opinions from both PSA and PAAS and that I could send the emails as proof.

They wrote back saying PSA pre certified the signature and was given approval by the lead authenticate of RRA before PSA gave their approval. After my email, they re-sent the image to PSA via Steve Grad and gave it his reapproval.

Later, I talked with RRA over the phone and said Steve is going to figure out what happened with the quick opinion.

Because of what happened, RRA is comping me the $75 PSA letter and shipping for the $23 I paid for the quick opinions.

It's not the popular opinion here, but I say you win.

Great vintage graph at fully certified discount price.

Congrats! 

Sounds like you got a great deal. Happy for you, FB.

Congratulations.

Thanks, guys! I feel happy with the end results. I felt comfortable that RR collaborated with PSA (Steve Grad) with my inquiry and took the proper routes to make me feel happy and confident about this piece. Plus, with the additional feedback I got from this site, I felt good moving on with this rare item.

I am happy for you FB! Can we all be in an agreement that the PSA quick opinion is really just a crap shoot? There is really something off on that end of PSA for sure.
That's why it pays to do your own homework. Glad to have a site such as this so that people can make up their own mind after an intelligent, productive, discussion. The problem is that it's tough to sell your item these days without their (PSA) "blessing".

The world is becoming reliant on TPA's. That, in many ways, scares me. Power and influence eventually leads to corruption. That's why this site plays an important role. There are dedicated members here who still pursue the truth.

Yes there are, Joe. As a matter of fact, we know that PSA, JSA, PAAS can all get things wrong. Heck, it's not like any of us are beyond it. 

The fact of the matter is that even their "expert" opinions are just that...opinions. LOA's are opinions. 

Take a look at this Ford. You have a full LOA from PSA stating that this signature is believed to be genuine. Uncle Pete disputed the legitimacy of the graph and I put more stock in his word than I do theirs. That still doesn't change the fact that the owner can probably double his money on an item that's not worth the paper it was written on.

Even Grad doesn't always get these right. Heck, we've already seen that people within their own company dispute each other based on this particular case alone. 

Take a look at this Reeve. Would any of you believe the legitimacy of this item?  Grad did....and that's fine. It's his opinion. Regardless, you have to pursue the truth in as many ways possible. There are items that are "no doubt" and there are others that are "questionable". LOA or not.....don't throw the baby out with the bath water. 

Sorry....This is the autograph that goes with the LOA. The other is another Ford the same seller had for sell.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service