We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Okay, what do you think of this one? Could she be true - in this sig at least?

Views: 507

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PS - Kai, if you have not already, open a file and collect as many known exemplars as you can find, keeping note of the dates. When you have several dozen, in order, start looking for patterns, similarities and differences. That is, in a small shell, how I was able to determine each of Gleason's secretaries and when they worked for him.

Yeah, I use to do that. But sometimes I need some hints about what to look at. That's why I find this comunity so helpful and why I am so thankful to all of you.

With West I find it hard to tell where to keep an eye on. That's why I insisted on learning to understand what the points are that made you and Eddy think it's fake.

Here's a link to the eBay seller, who has a lot of signed cards and notes. A number are to Bob:

https://www.ebay.com/str/phetlana?_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l170197

How does this one look to you?

I don't think it's real. The @#1 thing is the height of uppercase letters compared to lowercase. Her lowercase are typically a third or less the height of the uppercase. 

imo, it's a fine older age signature on a photo that she commonly signed.  Here's one from Gallery of History that matches up well.  

Look for the "M" to be much smaller than the "W" in these later signatures.  That was something the OP one didn't get quite right but the one you are asking about today does like this check we looked at earlier and the GoH exemplar above  ^

Thanks for all the effort you take in order zo help me, guys! I guess Mae West and her being true will always be an uncertain issue.

Here's another nice one with a great inscription.  It's just a matter of carefully eliminating what seems like a busy secretary and the folks who have attempted her since.

Yes, if Mae did have a secretary he or she must have been very busy. I've looked now at several of these commonly signed photos from 1972 and indeed saw a special kind of difference. Maybe it depends on how late in life it was signed, but after all that I think I've learned here this one (with COA from JSA) has a good chance, right?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service