Here is where I am now (Thursday Jun 24th, 2021):
NOTE: All offerings will be reviewed by the mods in place and are subject to revision/correction etc..
1) Every autograph offered must have a meaningful lifetime guarantee of authenticity between and mutually understood by the seller and buyer. ALM can not enforce returns or refunds - this is an honor-code system. However, any member found to be knowingly selling forgeries will be permanently banned. A group of members led by Steve can settle disputes where the buyer says it's not real and the seller maintains it is. Use of the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum is an agreement to abide by Steve's decision.
2) New members must wait 30 days to sell and must be active (at least 2 substantive posts a week) before offering items.
3) Be sure to state your return policy. 2 weeks for problem items/misrepresented items. The seller can set the return privilege terms if the buyer just changes their mind. If there's a disagreement the buyer and seller can't settle themselves, Steve will decide. Use of the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum is an agreement to abide by Steve's decision.
4) Sellers - do your homework to make sure you're confident the item is genuine before you offer it for sale, and add "Buyers - make sure you're comfortable with authenticity before you buy" to your listing.
5) Large clear images of front and back must be shown.
6) Please describe the condition of the item verbally. All flaws must be mentioned.
7) Are you the original owner? Make sure the buyer understands if your certificate is non-transferable.
8) Any certificates/LOA's must be shown clearly.
9) Quick Opinions/Pre-certs may not be used to assist a sale.
10) Please await some opinions from our members before selling - it is hoped that members will add their opinions to posts.
11) Everything should be publicly priced for a sale or trade, terms posted. Shipping costs must be stated - they may be included or worked out between the seller and buyer. If International shipping is acceptable please mention this. Buyer assumes all customs fees/import taxes etc.
12) Be sure to state PP payment accepted only without using "Friends and Family" (buyers - using "Friends and Family" removes protections in place for you).
NOTE: Use of the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum is an agreement to abide by these rules. Further, use of the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum is to agree that AML is not liable in any way for anything.
NOTE: NO chasing down new members looking for something you have and want to sell. Absolutely no. That's because a lot of new people think that all longtime members know their stuff and the seller may not. If the buying member wants something they can put a want ad in the group or a member who has it can offer it for sale in the group.
Any further suggestions? I tried to keep it down to 12.
I don't how to do that exactly, but I know it would make my focus easier - Hollywood/Stage. I would pop into Music for Bowie... In theory the mods looking after sales would have an easier time. Would Historical get as much foot traffic though?
Historical will probably get a lot action once people know about it.
I'll set up the groups if we do it.
I think it’s great having different groups
I think it's a good idea and easier to moderate and navigate. Historical will probably see peaks and troughs as music and others will be likely busier but definitely good if not too much work
Eric, Steve Cyrkin called me out on a Patrick Henry autograph a while back…..still waiting on his thoughts on authenticity……..still waiting…….Sorry he called me out on this because he did not like the color of the paper……Steve, throw down or fold the hand. If you have anything better than your opinion I will walkaway from this site…..I have always said it is about the ink and not the politics.
This is not the thread for those comments David. And drop the confrontational talk. I saw that before a few days ago until the thread was pulled or you pulled your post. If this continues you may find assistance in walking away from this site.
Was it a comment or a discussion? And when and where was it? If it is no longer there David had to have removed it.
It was several nights ago - it was probably a discussion. An exchange that got heated very quickly from the same "throw down" type of talk. It disappeared quickly. I can not recall who the other member was.
Steve and Eric, I am wrong about my non autograph words that I apologized for. But I have never removed or deleted any of my comments or opinions from this site.
Thank you. As for the posts, they were up for about 12 minutes, but I saw them. Someone pulled something down I am sure.
However, Let's move forward, yes?
I don't remember this. Send me a link please. I'll voice my concern about an autograph but I only call people out if I think they're not being straight.