We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I knew the quality of JSA's service had gotten worse, but this is almost unbelievable. That being the case, I guess I should ask if the JSA sticker/cert is actually real. 

But it would appear that they were stupid or lazy enough (or both) to authenticate the preprints that appear in EVERY copy of "U2 by U2." Wow.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTOGRAPHED-BOOK-U2-BY-U2-BY-ALL-4-BAND-MEM...

Views: 1011

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is there a clearer image of the LOA? I can't even read the number or which office it was supposedly authenticated at—very suspicious. I would be very surprised if they certified a preprinted book. They definitely wouldn't have if Roger looked at it.

You know, I'm seeing Z31742 on the cert, which does not seem to come up as a match on JSA's database.

They did it. JSA is the new GA. They sticker everything nowadays. I'm glad I don't have any JSA items in my collection. They are so bad their sticker will eventually hurt the value of authentic stuff with their sticker. My 16 year old daughter would have known this was bad.
Yikes. JSA is by far the worst of the big three. PSA isn't too far behind either

If the number is not in their database then it's probably a fake cert.  Can't believe JSA would make such a bad mistake as every U2 collector would know those are pre-prints. 

Someone on RACC suggested that JSA might not be in the clear as JSA might not have the info in the database yet. Item was supposedly "authenticated" in late May.

JSA getsmusic and celebrities wrong so often it's no longer a mistake. It's either on purpose or their authenticators are incompetent.

Compare how crisp and clear the autographs are to how fuzzy and unreadable the LOA is. I doubt it's a real one.

Hard to tell if it's the cert or a product of the photography itself. Seller appears to have other JSA certed items.

I see everyone's talking about JSA, and yes they seem to have gotten bad. I understand this may be a little off topic from "U2" but here's 2 No Doubt signed 8x10 signed by the band authenticated by JSA. These are blatant forgeries, on the first photo JSA states that there are "3 signatures on the piece" but there are 4. Cert Number is R89219. How this got certed, I'll never know. The other photo I've found doesn't look right to me either, seller is out of Canada, The cert and photo will be posted below.

The U2 book is no longer on Ebay (at least going to the link that was originally posted).  I asked the seller for the cert number and got no response. 

I see a few things about this that cause me to raise my eyebrows.

1) It's awfully convenient that the sticker is on the letter, rather than the item itself. Though an aesthetic choice some collectors make, it also makes it easier to fake in 2D.

2) It looks like there might be an embossed seal next to the notary stamp, but (if it's there & not just an illusion) it looks flat rather than raised.

3) I can see the writing from the page underneath it, even though this is a photo, rather than a scan. For it to come through in a photo taken at that distance, the paper would have to be quite thin.

4) Despite being able to see the content of the paper underneath, I see no sign of any sort of watermark.

I make no judgments either way, but if I were considering buying that item, those things combined would give me pause.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service