We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I have purchased a few Star Wars autographs from Tatooine Traders in Disney's Hollywood Studios that I am sure are authentic but someone has recently informed me that I should be cautious about purchasing in Walt Disney World.  The autographed photos are all from Michael Wehrmann as are all of the other autographs sold at the Studios.  There used to be an autograph store in Downtown Disney a few years ago that I did not trust and did not purchase from.  They did not carry Michael Wehrmann pieces.  Any thoughts?  Thanks for your opinions in advance. 

Views: 6166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can post one when I get a chance. But it looks the same in size and appearance as anyother Werhmann COA.

Here you go Michael.  All of mine look just like this one.

I was wondering the same thing Steve.  He must be racking at signings.  Sid's not only sells modern in-person items but vintage items as well.  They were selling two Gregory Peck signed checks and a John Wayne letter in July.  I assumed that they came with Wehrmann's COAs since everything else in the shop seemed to include one.  Maybe he is authenticating now as well.  See what you can find out.  The COAs have matching holograms attached to the items.

I know who Mike Wehrmann is, but I don't know him. He's a friend of Mike Frost's, so let's see if Mike can help.

Thanks Steve.  I just posted my Jake Lloyd COA for Michael Frost to take a look at.  I purchased my Jake Lloyd signed photo at Tatooine Traders in Hollywood Studios last year.  The signature looks good to me.

I just put a call into Mike Wehrmann, This does look like Mike Wehrmann's Certificate of Authenticity and that is his signature. I do not know of him using holograms or label tape to put in the signers names. I was partners with Michael Wehrmann for many years and there is nobody as honest nor truthful as Mike is.
We did do many private signings with celebrities while we were partners and he did some additional signings on his own. This does not include the 1000's of in-person signatures he has obtained over the past 30+ years. The private signing that we did do together were Little Richard, Ronnie Spector, The cast of Diff'rent Strokes, Linda Blair, Traci Lords, Carmen Electra, Grandpa Al Lewis, Yvonne DeCarlo, Don Messick, Donna Douglas, The Honeymooners (Carney, Meadows, Randolph) Joe Cobb, Ron Jeremy, and there was a few additional but I can not think who they are right now. The only Star Wars signing that I was aware of when we were partners was 1000 color photos signed by Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker. I know Mike Wehrmann did do a few additional private deals with some of the Star Wars actors but I am not sure of which ones and the quantity he had signed. He also did a private signing with Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis.
As soon as he calls me back I will let you know about the posted certificates and the stores that are selling his merchandise.

Thank you so much Michael.  The COA is actually a copy and not an original signature of Michael Wehrmann's.  I am a little concerned that you are reporting that he did not use holograms in the past but things have changed in recent years so perhaps he has added the holograms as a security measure.  Please do not misinterpret anything here.  The fact that his name is on the COAs is the reason why I even purchased the items to begin with.  His honesty is not in question here.  Hopefully he is aware that Disney is selling his autographs in one of their parks and as I have said previously the signatures do appear to be authentic but I am not an expert.

I have just spoken to Michael Wehrmann and I would like to confirm that the Letters Of Authenticity and the holograms do belong to him and are authentic. Tatooine Traders is a customer of his and he has sold them the items that have been asked about in the post. The checks and the John Wayne letter obviously were not items he obtained in person but did come from his collection. The majority of the items sold by Mike Wehrmann are signed in-person and he stands behind any item he sells. He thought that it was interesting that the hobby has now come to the point were not only do you have to have the autographs authenticated but now the COA's need authentication. Mike did think it was a smart idea to have confirmed the authenticity of his certificates because he would always want his customers to be confident with any item he has sold.

Mike

Where can I buy Michael Wehrmann's  In-person Autographs?

Thanks

Hi, this is an old thread, I know, but found this very interesting article about Wehrmann and other autograph-collectors in LA. I enjoyed reading it very much. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/17/magazine/how-to-get-an-autograph-...

I remember reading that article years ago.  Thanks for posting it Trond.

Thanks Michael and please thank Michael Wehrmann for us as well.  Like I said, I never doubted the pieces that came with his COA.  Most of the concerns in this discussion focused primarily on Starabilias.  It's funny that you mention how even COAs are questioned these days.  Some recent posts have indicated that there are even forged JSA certificates out there as well.  It's a crazy hobby.  Thanks again.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service