We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi

I purchased this Elvis autograph as a birthday gift.  Can anyone give me your opinion on its authenticity?

It has a COA from ACA (I've never heard of them).

Greatly appreciate anyone's opinion!

Thanks so much!

Tags: ELVIS

Views: 2544

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, trust me I am.

So, how much weight should I put into Roger Epperson’s opinion that it looks authentic?

He seems to be the most recommended person to get the opinion of by quite a few kind folks here.

Roger Epperson is JSA's Elvis expert.

So the quick Beckett opinion is:

After our review, it is our opinion that the item is: Unlikely to Pass Full Authentication
BY BECKETT AUTHENTICATION SERVICES

I'm sorry to hear that....especially after having the same response from PSA.

Yeah, most definitely not what I wanted to hear.

Would you think that Roger Epperson’s opinion supersedes them because of his expertise in Elvis autographs? I’m really torn here, I wish at least one of the other 2 I tried agreed with him.

I feel your pain David

But if I were you I would make every effort to get your money back.

I don't care for the signature and the COA is less than worthless

Much luck

No returns accepted is, in my opinion, a red flag when dealing with an autograph seller. Too many things can go wrong. This ACA company is an unknown quantity which is red flag number 2. 

Too many voices likely will lead to more confusion than piece of mind when dealing with all these authentication companies. Even the top tier ones.

Roger Epperson says it's good. At least you know who looked at it and he is an EXPERT on Elvis Presley. If it passed his QO then he will certify it if you submit it to him. His COA adds credibility and valued by collectors.

Beckett, from my experience, is the worst TPA to get a QO from. I will NEVER them pay a dime for that service. 

PSA is not much better than Beckett. Quick opinions are just a money grab for those companies.

ACOA uses a team approach and they take their time to properly evaluate the signature. They are far more likely to be accurate. With that said, they are not an approved eBay TPA service. 

But, it comes down to your piece of mind. That is really what it's all about. At least until you decide to sell.

If PSA and Beckett would both happen to render "Unlikely to Pass Full Authentication" you have grounds to request a return even if the seller does not allow returns. If they to not grant a return then dispute the purchase directly through eBay. You will likely win that dispute.

If that doesn't work and you paid by credit card then dispute the purchase with your card company. The vast majority of the time the card holder wins.

Good luck and I hope this works out to your satisfaction.

Thanks so much Joe!  I'll probably remove the postcard from the frame and send it to Roger as you and someone else had suggested.  If he hadn't said it looked authentic, I'd be going full force on trying to get a refund.  

I can't thank everyone here enough.  Before this I had never heard of Roger and wouldn't have had any clue where to get an expert opinion on this. Everyone here has been so extraordinarily helpful and kind.

My main concern is giving my girlfriend an authentic Elvis autograph for her birthday.  I rest assured that she won't sell it ever and will probably put in her will that she wants it buried with her LOL.  She's had some rough times and I just want to give her something that she has wanted all her life. I know true autograph collectors look at the potential resale value down the road but in this case I don't think it will ever get resold but I do want to know that the gift I'm giving is the real McCoy.

If Roger Epperson gives his LOA on it, would you say I can feel comfortable giving it as a gift?

Personally, I would. Autograph authentication comes down to credibility and Roger has plenty of that. Enjoy and have peace of mind.

Thanks so much Joe!

Wish you all the best!  

David - You mentioned the possibility of removing it from the frame to send it in to Mr. Epperson.  Is it an elaborate framing job?  Sometimes that's done to compensate for a bad autograph to make an overall better presentation.  Not always, but sometimes.

Also, if Frolic is serious about no returns and you feel you may be challenging them on this, I don't think it would be in your interest to alter what they sent you by taking the framing job apart.  If you feel you may possibly be seeking a return, I'd recommend leaving it as is.

Here is how it was framed 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service