We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Let’s face it, this has been a challenging year for almost everyone. Even ignoring situations like a worldwide pandemic, simply ordering Musician-Direct releases this year has been a bumpy ride. It feels like every third thread here ends up digressing to discussions about misleading merchandisers (lookin’ at you MusicToday), atrocious autographs (*ahem* Ms. Gaga), daunting delays (*cough* Halsey *cough*), sketchy signatures (Lil Wayne, Biebs, Ozzy, etc.), regional restrictions ("US/UK Only"), or lousy labels (UMG).

However, since it’s currently Thanksgiving eve here in the US, and 2020 is almost coming to a close - let’s discuss the more positive side of collecting musician-direct releases. Even with the many hiccups, there were a lot of great drops this year, from Jimmy Page to Ozzy to Liam Gallagher to Diana Ross.

So, what has been your favorite one or two musician-direct pick-ups fulfilled in 2020?

To keep this category-appropriate, let’s limit this to items that were label/publisher/artist-direct (ie. that were or could’ve been posted in this category originally), and that were actually fulfilled in 2020 (so including ’19 releases that were actually delivered this year is okay).

Views: 1311

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Billy Corgan Cotillions boxed set. Or was that 2019?

Oh and to add as well, Tim McGraw Here on Earth, my first ones came damaged, contacted them and took pictures. They contacted me back, replaced them and didn’t have to send the damaged ones back. Was really impressed with the customer service his team gave me. 

Highlights for me this year:

Body Count (Ice-T)

Barbara Eden (via Real Gone Music)

Delta Rae - The Light; with The Dark to come in early 2021

Aoife O'Donovan

Todd Sucherman (Styx) - Last Flight Home

Sierra Hull - 25 Trips

Sarah Jarosz - Word On The Ground

Amy MacDonald

I also like to dig through thrift shops for signed LPs/CDs.   Best finds of the year:

Aretha Franklin

Evelyn Glennie

Colm Wilkinson

Natalie MacMaster

mine have to be

katy perry

selena in person in January

dan+shay

blackpink only got one of the 4 

poppy signed poster i got free at concert cuz they f*** me over by not adding me to guest list

cyndi lauper ttmi

christina hendricks signed gabby gabby pop i bought for $5 and got her in feb in person

grace potter in january in person signed set list and posters

noah cyrus in person in march

haim

I am thankful that I was able to get a signed CD by Jon Bon Jovi and another signed CD by Katy Perry. I am also thankful that I was able to pick up a signed Taylor Swift CD as well. So, 2020 has treated me a lot better than I deserve to be treated. I feel blessed that I was able to add these music icons to my collection. 

Jimmy Page Genesis

Bon Jovi

Taylor Swift

Gordon Lightfoot

Johnny Rotten 

Missed and still suffering  :(

Keith

Queen

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos