I PURCHASED A GEORGE "SUPERMAN" REEVES PIECE FROM ANTIQUITIES IN LAS VEGAS BACK IN 2004. I HAVE THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT AND PACKING SLIP. I RECENTLY TRIED LISTING IT ON EBAY TO SELL AND WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS A FAKE. CAN I GET VERIFICATION IF THE SIGNATURE BELOW IS REAL OR FAKE? AND IF IT IS FAKE HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

DEREK

Views: 4954

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Antiquities

Derek, I would try to go through normal channels with Toby Stoffa but be firm.  I'm sure she is reading all of this.    

I'll upload some later today, unless Bob Shinn covers it.

Accidents do happen and there will always be a percentage of fakes that get into the marketplace.  This was authenticated by Frangipani back in 2003. Three years before the story broke on the forgery ring on HBO. He was known as a credible authenticator back in 03 without anyones knowledge of the forgery ring. I cant fault Toby for that. If Toby does the right thing, I am not going to blame or badmouth Antiquities for this. I have bought a few items from them in the past. This is the only one in question. I would applaud her more than anything.

Derek, when was he known as a "credible authenticator?"  Please direct me to the website where I can read that information.  Thank you.

Also, if you "applaud her" then I gather you won't have any problems getting a refund.  After all, it was you who came here to discuss your autograph piece.

Have you purchased other autographs from her?  I must admit I am puzzled by her website.   I just went there and every autograph that I looked at was blurry at best.   Maybe the website is just for show and it's best to go there in person to make a purchase?

I see Derek lives in Scottsdale, so he's probably been in Antiquities' store in Caesar's Palace. Scottsdale's where Rock Star Gallery is located.
The store in Caesar's is where I bought the items.
I have been to Rockstar a few times. I have met the owners and from my conversations with them. They are more fans of the rock industry than anything else. Which makes me weary of there authentication process. Because they rely HEAVILY on Christopher Morales. Do you find that they are pusher of forged items as well?
Who is the "They" you refer to, Derek?

Donna and Michael Dunn

Then he should have no problem getting a refund if he's unhappy with his autograph piece.

Obviously, he has questions about it after it was removed by Ebay.  But, until he listed it on Ebay, he never questioned the authenticity of his autograph piece which also means that Derek did not do any research on the autograph or the "Examiner Of Questioned Documents.' 

And I'm not saying that it is a forgery; all I'm saying is that until it was removed by Ebay, Derek never had questions about the piece.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service