We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

here is If 6 Was 9 working lyrics on groovy London hotel stationnaire

Tags: hendrix

Views: 951

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you heard about the art student that made a plaster cast of his private parts. Now thats a piece of #ock memorabilia.

Mary master caster

Quite true- 1 once sold a Hendrix scart for 10 times what I paid for it.

But Cathy Etchingham is the real deal. The Wind Cries Mary, Foxy Lady and several other songs were written about her. She may have baled him out when he was arrested in Canada-and it appears to fact that he did entrust her with his possessions. She wrote a book about him and her.

Even without a picture, that providence , indirect as it may be and reliant on Cathy's truthfulness,  will be sufficient for any major auction house and their wealth clients.

As you say it is tremenously easy to fake such clothing and it happens all the time (clothing owned by rockers is huge business cause auction houses can get it versus things like lyrics and instruments which are harder to get)'

One would therefore think that there would be a ton of lennon/herndrix related stuff cause easy to fake  but this is the only one I am aware of from Cathy although she has sold many things like scarves.

In todays market, without pix but with this provenance $10000 plus easy-if I can find a pix of one or both wearing, way over 50,000  cause few things like this tying two such immortals together is out there.  And for many of the people today who grew up on these two, and frequent auction houses, this is lunch money.

Lets see the bracelet.

It will take maybe a month to get photo of it (off site) but will post to you when I get it.

When I get around to it I will hire some kid to search photos of Hendrix and lennon to see I can find one wearing the bracelet.

The story Etchinghham says is that sometime either before or after Hendrix did Sgt. Peppers he and lennon were talking and Hendrix said Hey nice bracelet and lennon took it off and gave it to Hendrix as a gift. May have been at cilla Black's house

the chances of finding a photo are very,very slim as are the chances of Jimi really owning it but never say never the pay off would be massive

you are right-pay a kid minimum for 2 days on www

Sharon lawrence has been selling this stuff for 20 years and shes still at it now she sells a scarf every few weeks or so

My hendrix is being framed up now. Its been a long haul to buy a hendrix exp.

Oh I am an idiot as it was Sharon Lawrence I was referring to.  What do you think of her provenance stuff? Is she stretching things for her own profit?

It happens.  You may be aware of the fake Dylan stuff coming out from a NYC family that did indeed have real Dylan lyrics-until they ran out and started faking..

yes, good work digging it up. As I aid earlier, some day I will hire a kid to do a search to see If I can find either wearing it.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service