We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

How do Large Volume Sellers/Dealers obtain their large Inventory of Autographs

I was curious if anyone knows how some of these larger Autograph Sellers obtain such large quantities of autographs such as Press Pass Collectibles having tens of thousands of items how do they obtain that many, does anyone know exactly where they get their stuff? Are these guys buying collections all the time and if so how do they go about doing that?

Thanks J

Tags: Autograph Pros, Hollywood Memorabilia, Press Pass Collectibles

Views: 776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Surprised they can do that, kind of hijacking peoples listings and pictures.  I would have never known 

what happens if someone else buys it first and they can’t fulfill that order? 

They simply cancel the sale and return the buyer's money.

their rating on ebay must be awful with those cancelled orders lol 

I think it rarely occurs.

They aren't actually selling on eBay.  They have their own website which sifts though eBay listings and puts up other's people's stuff at inflated prices.   It seems only items that have been authenticated by JSA, PSA or Beckett make it into their database.  They must have some very precise software that enables them to do that.

So, there's really no work and no risk involved for them.  They use other people's photos and descriptions.  They only hijack items that have been authenticated by a TPA.  They have no feedback issues to worry about.

63817630-72BA-4073-80F7-A693E8822ECC.pngi found them on ebay. looks like they are 

I think there are a number of completely different business models. Press Pass just seems to buy whatever they can at low prices, get Beckett to rubber stamp it for them, then mark up the prices to mostly stupid levels. Some businesses are really one or two man shows that get all their stuff themselves and refuse to sell anything else. Businesses like Autograph World and other larger companies that employ a team of collectors - I'm really not sure how that operation works as well as it has over the years. I know a few people have gotten some insight, but I'm not one of them.

Of course, some dealers actively look to purchase large private collections, which is probably among the fastest ways to beef up the inventory. In any case, its hard to really know how people do what they do and get their stock without at least some insight on how they operate, and I suspect that you might see some drastic differences from company to company.

Ok, This is kind of what I was thinking too, its hard for me to believe they employ and have that many IP autograph collectors under their sleeve that get that many things signed for them, some yes so they must I would imagine be buying most of their inventory they have, I am interested to know how they go about buying, do they post these ads online, I would like to open up my own so I am looking for as much information as possible on ho to go about it, anything you can tell me would be helpful.  Thanks

we sleep on sidewalks at airports concert venues and resturants to get as much as we can. it was alot easier before ebay and cons

for actors and sports guys you can pay them to sign in bulk cash talks. musicans used to be harder and are  still hard but some have broken down like alice cooper and meatloaf and kiss.

but we all wish dylan would do a paid signing or jimmy page

Thanks for the insight can you still get autographs at Hotels this day in age, I did that for a while back in the 80's and 90's for sports teams but got a little old and haven't done it for awhile, how does that work out now what is your success rate?   Thanks

yeah pretty messed up i find my stuff posted my them which really isn’t theirs to post for sale yet 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service