We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Everyone is after a piece of Cobain, here are a number of items that have sold on ebay recently all have been Kurt's own personal belongings.

The cassette sold for over 3k us and the vhs tapes around 2k guitar pick 1000.

The vhs tapes are suppose to be in Kurt's handwriting although the date is around the wrong way for an American. The cassette is suppose to have recordings of Cobain on it. The guitar pick is meant to be used at Mtv 93 concert.

How on earth are you suppose to authenticate these items?

Views: 5068

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The same seller has this stub on ebay. Looks to clean for my liking.

This is the problem with Nirvana stuff, real or not, there is simply no way to know. I could forge this easily. Anyone could. Its near impossible to tell the good from the bad. Other artists sign their name with certain strokes that make it difficult for forgers to really get it right. But Kurt signed differently all the time and it was very simplistic.

There is a reason why they don't sell Nirvana at major auction houses like RRauctions. They just don't know.

BTW, this looks bad. The "K" in Krist and the "K" in Kurt seem to be done by the same hand.

Completely agree James.

Thanks!

It's no good The stub.
George Harrison wrote a song called I don't need no wah wah. So when it comes to nirvana autographs I don't need no coa. Ha silly comment. Time for bed.

That ticket is clearly all same hand forgeries... laughable. Btw I did watch the "Montage of Heck" documentary recently and it is amazing. There is also a new one coming soon that argues that Kurt's death was by murder, not a suicide. (I believe this 100% after reading the guy's case several years ago.)

Nirvana has always been my favorite band of all time, and Kurt Cobain is the reason I started playing guitar. But I would NEVER even attempt to buy a Cobain autograph... 

Unfort Juliens has sold things that were not legit in the past.  One would need to research how they obtained the piece.

Better yet, what are Q, L and V chords?

+1

560 us the stub sold for.
It's a difficult business collecting Nirvana because they signed so different. Theres really no one who specializes in them and then you see fake items fly off ebay .

As a pick collector since 1987, I kick myself for not seeing Nirvana and trying to score a pick. I've traded a lot of picks in the past, but not much anymore due to the fakes - and Cobain always used generic Dunlops. I was offered a used Kurt pick from the Reading Festival (I've an amazing collection if I may say it, and one guy really wanted one of my ultra rare ones). I held it in my hands and was very tempted, but declined.

I must add though, in my collection I have many of the best known guitarist's picks that are generic. And I've even asked some guitarists to sign picks for me, like this Lou Reed pick. 

https://theirishcollection.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/2013-02-19-0...

My advice? You really really have to trust the collector. 

All of nirvana used the Dunlop picks. Thanks for story Chris good one.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service