We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Thru the years I've slowly tried to build a collection of football memorabilia, I'm a Cowboys fan and thought I had a pretty nice collection. A long time ago I built a nice collection of Wayne Gretzky stuff but I bought it right off his site, WG Authenticity and felt great about every purchase. My Cowboys stuff I've bought off Sportsmemorabilia.com and Prosportsmemorabilia.com and lately reading some reviews I just feel the whole thing is shady. Could someone please tell me if I've been taken for a ride AND what sites are the most reliable for buying the REAL DEAL? Please and thank you.

Views: 26131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im not familiar with the signatures you are asking for opinions with regard to their authenticity, but I can recommend a few places to buy american football autographs.  Mounted Memories, as you probably know, is a great dealer to buy autographs from.

Also, I recommend Radtke Sports.  You can get some pretty nice deals on sports memorabilia from them;  for example, a couple of years back they had signed Cano bats for $125, which was a steal.  They have an autograph contract with Brett Favre I believe.  

Anyway, with regard to Sportsmemorabilia.com , in my opinion, just be careful and make sure you know what you are purchasing beforehand; some people say they are a mixed bag when it comes to autographs.

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for the replies guys I really appreciate it. Believe it or not I was told buy my customer service guy to day that sportsmemorablia.com has bought out fanatics.com and Mounted Memories and I believe him because when I went to the Mounted Memories website it looks very familiar to the sportsmemorabilia site. I just want to make sure ALL my purchases are legit...just get a bad feeling. A lot of photos I have are the psa/dna variety and some jspence coa's as well. Even a Danny White mini helemt from AEC authenticity. Just hate to think I threw away money. Hopefully a few more guys chime in and I can get some new sites and ideas for my next purchases. Thanks again to Mike P, Barry S and Ray Tanner for helping me out.

So just a little update and it would be great if anyone with knowledge chime in. I spoke with a director today from sportsmemorabilia about returning the Aikman Helmet which has never been an issue, the customer service has been great. I found it interesting that he told me that Fanatics Authentic, who he said is the premier 1st hand authenticator out there, has bought/merged with sportsmemorabilia, prosportsmemorabilia and Mounted Memories. He also told me that he has exclusive contracts with the NFL, MLB and NBA, he said when you go to NFLSHOP.com or the MLB shop and the NBA that it is ALL him. Is this all possible? It just seems questionable, however the sportsmemorabilia, prosportsmemorabilia and Mounted Memories ALL have very similar sites and products. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't believe anything Sportsmemorabilia.com claims.

I once exposed them (link below) for listing a ton of Derek Jeter forgeries.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/profiles/blogs/global-authentics-...

At the time I was exposing them, they claimed to have an autograph contract with Derek Jeter. 

It was, and is, a total lie!!!

WOW Chris that was a great, detailed look at it all. Funny the director I spoke to today said he worked for Fanatics Authentic who now owns sportsmemorabilia, prosportsmemorabilia and mounted memories but he had an answer for everything. He said they do a lot of live shows and I did look on the site and they do have one coming up in CHicago. He also told me that they have exclusives with Kapernick, Adrian Peterson and PEYTON MANNING. He went on to tell me that Peyton was at their showroom last week for 6 hours signing pieces for them.

The majority of items that I have bought in the past have been from the two sites, sportsmemorabilia.com and prosportsmemorabilia.com and the coa's have mainly been from psa/dna and jspence and a couple from mounted memories. Do you think I should be worried?

Chris would you also know; On Steiners page they have helmets on there that are Fanatics Authenticated, what exactly does that mean? Are they authenticating things from Fanatics which the director said he does do?

It does say, "Fanatics presented by Mounted Memories" when you pull them up. I guess Steiner bought some items from private signings that Fanatics did. Fanatics has lots of Steiner pieces. I noticed that Steiner also says they are official partners of Peyton Manning, guess they all are.

STAY AWAY FROM SPORTSMEMOROBILIA.COM!!!!! They buy most of their autographs on eBay and re-sell them at a HUGE inflated price to you. I learned the hard way and spent about $500 more than I had to before I caught on. Just bought and autograph on eBay for $750. The same item was for sale on SportsMemorobilia.com for $1,799.00. They wait until you pay $,1799.00 to them and then they go and buy it from the eBay seller. Nice markup. Pretty cute. But save yourself a ton of money and look at eBay before you buy anything from these guys.

That was probably a consignment, Larry. Best I know, much of Sportsmemorabilia.com's inventory is consigned non-exclusively, and also available on other sites, like eBay, Amazon and the owner's own website. When they sell it, they immediately notify the consignor, who sells it to them. The consignor may ship directly to the end-customer.

Just that the buyer should check eBay before buying from them. The item I bought today was offered on ebay for $700 less than Sportsmemorobilia.com. It was that exact same item. Same PSA/DNA cert #. I bid $750 and it was accepted. I see a Babe Ruth/Lou Gehrig autographed ball on sportsmemorobilia.com for $117,000.00. That ball is listed on eBay for $79,999.00. Just saying buyers can lots of times buy the item they are looking at on SM.com on eBay for a ton less money. Why pay retail when you can pay wholesale? :)

You're absolutely right, Lawrence.

You're definitely right about prices. They're sometimes twice or more the price you can buy the exact same thing for elsewhere.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service