We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hi, could I have peoples thoughts on this please? 

Views: 576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

From what I can see there is silvering of the image and the signature has faded out from blue to grey. Moderate contrast at best. It is a 5x7 so be sure to rule out a secretarial.

I  dont understand how it can be being sold so cheapl y with the dealer still making a  reasonable profit from the sale

Perhaps the price reflected the low contrast/fading. It is sold now.

michelle - The dealer is a good guy.  He's in it for the love of the hobby primarily.  Most of his material is usually quite reasonably priced for the quality (and often rarity). It does help sometimes when a dealer is also a collector!

This vintage German RKO PC with better contrast was $250 with BP in the last year at RR.

You can run the seller through the search engine here to see what a good dealer he is. I have a vintage Art Carney SP from him.

michelle perhaps would know better than I, but the above pictured RKO postcard looks possibly like one of those German secretarials we've discussed here before.  You have to be very careful with those.

Good point.

that such a dealer exists in such a money driven world is wonderful news .   It has quite restored my faith in autograph sellers. The sigs he is offering are classy imo. Its interesting that the rr one sold for such a low price bearing in mind how much bergman usually sells for at rr

There were several at RR in that time period that sold for under $400.

yeah but they are normally not that nice imo or you can understand why they sold for such a low price

Here is the other picture 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service