We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

These signatures are for sale from our friends at Tracks uk.

Views: 684

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow...Tracks is usually pretty good. Of those three examples you posted, the 2nd and 3rd are terrible forgeries. The 1st could be real in-person but very rushed.
But either way, he is not the most erratic. So manycelebrity signatures have deteriorated over the years much worse...like Paul McCartney or Harrison Ford or Eric Clapton.

Ed,

I can see why you'd think that. 2 is rushed as heck and 3 is quite unusual. But I see a number of genuine characteristics in the second one, and the third looks like George's writing. Plus look at the G in Geoffrey and the small G in George.

Tracks gives me confidence, but Tracks or not, I think they've got the right characteristics. 

Hi Ateve,
In that third one, the G in Geoffrey is more like his signature than the G in George, which is weird. I've never seen an authentic example of him writing his name with a G in this style. and the first e in George is lower case and the last is capitalized type, which is also weird.That second one still looks really bad to me, but I think the first has many genuine characteristics. But so hard to tell with these examples.

But yet there for sale and are certified.

It really can be tough to tell, Edward. I asked Ballroom to check out some that I couldn't tell one way or the other on. They were even more rushed than the second one.
This is why i would buy George on a litho or one of his books.

I believe they are authentic myself, but it's not surprising the responses people have on Guitar George.

The top one has Elton John and Eric Clapton on the card.

The bottom one is a yogi book.

Oh ok, that is another reason I think that top one is probably real.
The third one is on one of his books

Its on a meditation book of some yogi, not George's official book.

I vote Harrison Ford for most erratic that I've try to learn.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service