We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Came across the PSA letter from 2004 and the font looks different on the top where it says "LETTER OF AUTHENTICITY" could it be fake? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Views: 2245

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They said I shouldn't worry that I have up to 180 days to file a dispute for non-reciept or for significantly not as described.

I had a similar situation where I purchased an item after the auction ended, so it was outside of ebay, but I did use paypal.  it took a couple of weeks, if I recall correctly, but I did end up getting a refund thru Paypal.  if you can settle thru the seller first, that is the ideal situation.  I could not do that, so I had no choice.

But in this case, Terrier, the seller said he had initiated a transfer to his checking account from PayPal so couldn't give Gio a refund until it's back. Gio just bought it today.

You're right, its a long frustrating process with lots of steps so its better to just work it out with the seller. I just don't know how to prove that certificate is fake? I am sure paypal needs evidence. 

I hope it works out for you. BTW, was this supposed to be a signed photo or the autograph cut out of a photo?

I thought it was strange that the PSA database said it was a "Cut" not a photo so I asked the seller and he said not to worry that PSA put that because it was a photo page taken out of a magazine.

I hope you have no trouble getting your money back but if the seller is making excuses for why the PSA LOA is incorrect that warns me the seller is in on the con. That sounds warning bells to me. Be ready for a fight, IMO.

Gio,

A couple of things:

1) PSA/DNA would absolutely not have said it was a cut autograph if it was a signed photo or magazine page.

2) Why would a seller asking $2,500 for a signed Elvis photo (or magazine page) with a PSA LOA take $1,000 for it? $2,500 would be a bargain.

sounds like a totally dishonest seller.

To prove the cert is fake, I'd contact PSA - they should be able to help (I would hope)

This discussion has brought to mind a certain PDA/DNA I purchased with the following letter. Would this be considered a pre-certification letter or what? It was issued in 2005 for a Heritage Auction.

It's called an Auction LOA. PSA stopped offering them a long time ago. Pre-certification, which is what they use today, is different. You don't get an Auction LOA, but you have a certain amount of time to send it in for a full LOA OR COA. There's a short window, I believe, but I don't know how long it is. 

If PSA doesn't think it's genuine during full certification, the auction house issues a refund for the item, and I believe the fees. It happens from time to time.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service