We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Views: 1550

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Making a self confirming website to assist in selling forgeries is hardly unique.  We have seen here this before with Rock and Roll items...same exact pattern. 

The idea of being overwhelmed with submissions does not explain how the problem items share characteristics with only those from that site...another pattern we have seen in the scenario mentioned above, and also how these folks eventually get tripped up.

+1

Andy's real name is Tony Ford.

Another thing to note is that the website in question used to sell items from its marketplace almost daily, requiring new items to be posted. But now, the same few items have been sitting there for ages.

I don’t understand,Andy peters seems to be legit he’s got testimonials that have been on the news with nothing but good stuff said about his work so I’m not sure who to believe. Do you guys have proof of what you are saying about him? Furthermore I have already bought the signed record I could maybe get a PayPal refund if it was to be true.

I'd be interested to see "proof" that this Bowie is legitimate. I won't go into the details of how this signature reveals itself here as I have done enough of that inadvertently by answering numerous questions from "our friend", but I think Bowie could spell/write "love" without error.

I thought it was “with Louie” ☺️

I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense. Bowie would "never" write a fans first name without a capital. It is an attempt at "with love" - a common Bowie inscription just like "With thanks" or "My best wishes".

The proof is that some of the best eyes in the game have called Peters out and determined that he is not to be trusted.

Everyone on this site is telling you the truth, but you have to be willing to hear it. 

Buying a fake graph is emotionally devastating - most all of us have been there done that. Recovery begins when you can take a step back and process the info. being offered to you freely and wisely by seasoned collectors on this site. 

EKL is the resident Bowie expert here. Listen to him. That said, even he was fooled by Peters - at first. 

The best of the best scammers are very professional with their scams. Thats what makes it so scary and reprehensible. 

Thank you Kai. The question that can not be answered in more than one way is this: Why do the problem items from that source share characteristics only with items from the same source? That is it, in a small package.  There is even a dealer on eBay who specializes in this material - misattributed and forged Bowie memorabilia with COA's.

I know of whom you speak. 

Did you read the linked thread to it's conclusion?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service