We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I purchased this signature of Marilyn Monroe from 'Legends & Heroes' and found out they have been fraudulent in the past. Is there is anyone here that can help me verify the authenticity of this autograph?…

Views: 1826

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you have problems with them also?

Not shocking at all, Bruce.

Coach's Corner Auctions has been in the business of selling obvious forgeries for over 20 years.

If this is a forgery, it is certainly not among the worst, but there is something off about it, the words appear as if written on two different days, so very disconnected in their flow and even the intensity of the ink is much paler in the second half than the first.

The little "bridge" of rise that is nearly always in her signature is not right. It is a grainy photo, I would like to see a better image, but I do have a sinking feeling about this one.

I can usually see in her signings approximately what year she signed, but this fits nowhere, which is a bad sign, so I think is based on her classic movie contract signing, which is also the official logo for Monroe merchandise. She hardly ever signed like that. I would say this is a classic "good" forgery.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service