James Stewart Autographs: Which are Genuine, Autopens or Forgeries?

Isn't this an Autopen signature?

Ebay auction

Views: 26358

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ANyone want to opine on these two especially with the Harvey discussions that have been ongoing?

What Harvey discussions?

The commentary scattered through out this thread.

Are the ones above authentic or not?

Hmm... I think they look pretty good to me. It's easier to tell with larger images though.

\here you go

These look likely authentic to me.

Yep.

I posted this earlier in the thread; here's what you'll see on the extremely questionable Harvey drawings:

The signature you posted and then these are very different. I've seen a couple Harvey drawings like the one you posted DB which seem to be authentic. Perhaps then he did sign a bunch of these like Herman suggested and then the forgers just came around and made hundreds or thousands more.

I've been studying Stewart closely and one thing I have learned is there is a very fine line between too neat and too messy. The key to divining good from bad is knowing where that line is.

Hey DB, where did those examples come from?

Sanity check time.

I picked this up on ebay. Looks good to me, but I appreciate a second set of eyeballs. :-)

Anyone know what movie this is from?

Looks good to me. Solid signature from a bit later-in-life. Probably the 1970's. Forgers rarely if ever try to or get right the shake in the body of his name right from a later time period. Nice piece. Shenandoah is right.

looks like it from Shanandoah

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service